Heller 1/8 traction avant cabrolet conversion

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well ive made a start on this mamoth project, unfortunately no pics yet as no internet or phone, and it sounds like we wont be getting it back any time soon, i will post pics as soon as we can borrow someones internet.

This is going to be the polar opposite of my last build and will be blinged up to the max, the engine will be pristine and shiny with some mild suping up (thanks to roy fitzimonds lovely 1/8 twin choke webber carbs) i was going to use all three but can't figure out how to realistically modify the manifold so will just be using one of them, i also have a set of his dunlop racing wheels for it. The body will also be ultra shiney, still unsure whether to sort of hot rod it and leave the front wings off or not, will have to give that some serious thought. In tandem with this im also building monograms 1/8 65 corvette stingray, i may do opening doors like roys or not, not sure if i want all the extra work. Anyways i hope to post some pics soon.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all a few pics of this monster kit.
9sv383.jpg

mv3v50.jpg

j9bqqs.jpg

2gub6gj.jpg

This engine is almost as big as the monster in the stingray
27xe6p0.jpg

F

Fenlander

Looking forward to this. Classic car, huge model, can't go wrong.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm front wheel drive hot rod, this will be different .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work so far,liking the color of the engine,looks good,;)

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
nice work so far ken is there any thing youy want as i'm going to london on the 27th Jan 2017 for a few days and i can ask cousin ken to get them

P

Polux

Nice work so far Ken!
Can I ask which colour you used to paint the engine block? Looks simply perfect!!!

james pithouse

First Name
James
looking great ken. If I built a dio for the bike how big would I have to make the building to make a bike shop for instance

D

Deleted member 3568

The average door frame is 7'6 so one twelfth of that is approximately 6 1/4 inches I generally work from there, imagine the shop window from floor to top of door and however wide you want the window, generally I allow 1/2 inch from the top of the door to the next floor.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've glued some of the body together as I need to figure out what portion of and how I'm going to cut the roof off (that's a 1/24 mustang on the roof just to show how big this thing is)
34t60d1.jpg

24wrrx4.jpg

nvr3uo.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update the engine cradle is sprayed what the main body colour will be.
14c8nm0.jpg

2q0vu3s.jpg

20qcge9.jpg

w0l151.jpg

14dq520.jpg

Added the rear wings to the body
4k8lyc.jpg

J

John Huggins

Looking the bizz Ken, look forward to seeing the rest of this build mate.

John

james pithouse

First Name
James
that's insane, but nice well there's another build under your belt :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, put the beading round the rear wheel arches, couldn't then resist seeing what the colour would look like so gave it a quick coat.
2cglycn.jpg

1hsdg0.jpg

2nriyrd.jpg

1zld2ts.jpg

21czhmv.jpg

xogspf.jpg
[/URL]
28h3j1i.jpg

I have to say I think my other build was more interesting to look at, the weathering and oil staining give something more to look at, I think I will post some of the similar build pics together as this progresses to show what I mean.
oJsK3wG.jpg

J50Hmvl.jpg

s01PKnj.jpg

9QcjwCk.jpg

iuXEfoD.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I remember on the last build putting the driveshafts in at the allocated time was a real pain so I decided to do them now (I'm hoping that choice doesn't bite me in the tender area later.
315e4cw.jpg

nleu0p.jpg

30agr9x.jpg

11w4qi1.jpg