Help,Question,! individual track links

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ok lad,s have a Question,! individual track links,about these,

can I make them ,and instead of waiting till there 95%,set,and bend them around the wheels,

can I let them set,and them dip them in hot water to,soften the glue and shape them around the wheels,?

any help greatly appreciated, :D

D

dubster72

You could do it Monica, but once the glue has set, it's basically a long length of plastic that you're bending.

I reckon you'd run a greater risk of one of the links snapping, instead of when the cement is still slightly tacky.

Plus if you've overestimated the number of links.... :S

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Patrick,I was kind of had that in the back of my head,that it may not bend so well, :S

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been a while since I used individual link tracks but I have thus far not needed to use glue, not on the single part ones, Those with two parts, a track plate and a 'rubber road block' I have managed to get them to go together so that the track is 100% flexible. It takes a lot of care and patience but can be done. But I guess it is down to which tracks you are using. I will find out if this is possible with the half track tracks soon enough! 

A way that you might like is to assemble the track links on a bit of masking tape and glue them then while the glue is still soft drape them over the wheels with the tape attached to keep them together until the glue dries.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
A way that you might like is to assemble the track links on a bit of masking tape and glue them then while the glue is still soft drape them over the wheels with the tape attached to keep them together until the glue dries.

this is much the way I, do them.double sided tap then masking tape on top ,which hold them together,and at that ,90% odd,make bend them around and let set,

as with most you can have the tongue poking up,or some even have the rubber road pad on them,so its not in,two parts,I will sort some think,

as was just thing maybe you could bend with hot water, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well this is the fiddly wee ones,as you can see I did do,it how must of us do, :S

after removing the tape to stick the pads ,on,and the fiddly things had to go,with the two small pins that are closer to one edge,

so that they fit, O.o

just the heat from holding the tracks,and the small amount of glue,has taken some of the bend out,but should fit fine,

so Ian that what you may look forward too,doing wee fiddly things lol, :D

20160922_175616.jpg

20160922_182237.jpg

20160922_182242.jpg