Help with right type of glue

1275mini

Building the imara tug
What need to ask what is the best glue to use sticking the wooden deck supports to the fibreglass hull ?
I have heard about the brown gorilla glue expanding to fill gaps but when it is dry is a pain to remove the over spill
I have a small clear gorilla glue would that bond well to the fibreglass and be strong enough to to do the job

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Barry.
Hi, what is the scale of the tug ?
That brown Gorilla glue could leave you with hrs of cleaning up the over spill.
I've used CA to glue wood to resin, have read that it will work with fiberglass.
John.

1275mini

Web site is still up
My kit is an old one been is a loft since the 90s never been touched
Brought it off ebay

1275mini

Copy email from gorilla glues this morning
Dear Barry,

Thank you for contacting The Gorilla Glue Company. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.

For the project you have described, we would recommend either the Gorilla Super Glue or the Clear Gorilla Glue.

Gorilla Super Glue is ideal for small indoor projects and it works with both fiberglass and wood. Gorilla Super Glue is quick curing and ideal for smaller repairs that require an instant bond for projects where clamping is not needed.

Clear Gorilla Glue was developed to have the strength of Gorilla Glue with a clear cure. Unlike Gorilla Glue Original it does not foam, yet cures with moisture and requires similar usage instructions to Gorilla Glue. Please note that a minimum of 2 hours clamping is required while the glue cures (full cure in 24 hours).

Gorilla Super Glue will dry rigid, while the Clear Gorilla Glue dries slightly flexible. Both adhesives are difficult to remove from surfaces once cured.

If you have any further questions regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Julia
Consumer Response Representative

open

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
Great customer service from Gorilla Glue.
Jim

Last edited: