Help With USS Intrepid

M

Mooks

Morning All

My wife and I had the opportunity to travel to NYC last month so for my Birthday she bought me Revells 1/720 USS Intrepid as a little treat.

I had a great visit of Intrepid and I highly recommend it if you visit the city. Its also free for serving military and veterans of all nationalities.

Having looked over the model it was missing alot of detail so I purchased the Toms Model Works 1/700 Essex Class Etched frets to add a little detail and to make the project a little longer. The scales are near enough for government work. I am not a rivet counter, i just wanted more out of the project than the very toy like offering OOB.

My problem is this:- The instruction for the brass etch are not the best and I am completely lost. They refer to the Dragon or Trumpeter collection of Essex Class carriers and I am unable to find an online resource for instructions. I would like to use the brass as much as possible but I do not have much experience with ship models so I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Hopefully someone out there could link me a set of 1/700 instructions or a work in progress using Toms etching?

I have only started the hull last night so I will do some WIP pictures over the weekend.

Cheers all.