Help!

J

Julian220022

I am trying to find thin blue foam like in these pictures for dioramas, judging from the pictures it looks to get extremely thin however the thinnest i can find here in canada is 1/2 inch. Any info on where to get this or what its called would be a great help.

Thanks,
Julian

49EB258B-0E03-411E-8E53-B3337FD74504.pngA4636054-A7FD-4FEA-A076-CF179E1F6A08.png533EC512-94B6-4478-89DE-E9287A343AB2.png

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
the thinner stuff I use goes by various names, I would look for foam board in art supplies shops, it comes in a variety of sizes and thicknesses. it is normally white or black and covered with paper. The paper can be left on or soaked off with water if you want to impress brick or stone patterns into the foam.

J

Julian220022

the thinner stuff I use goes by various names, I would look for foam board in art supplies shops, it comes in a variety of sizes and thicknesses. it is normally white or black and covered with paper. The paper can be left on or soaked off with water if you want to impress brick or stone patterns into the foam.

I’ve used foam board however the foam board surface is rougher where as the blue stuff looks smoother like insulation (the thinnist insulation i can find is 1/2 inch) And I've only found foam board in one thickness (anout a 1/4 inch)

First Name
Ty
I'm in Canada as well:smiling2: But that hasn't stopped me from ordering modelling supplies from the UK, Poland, Ireland, Spain, China, United States, Italy to name just a few. I'm assuming he's gone to the local Home Depot, Michael's, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Rona and the local hobby/craft stores and hasn't found what he's looking for. I did a quick search and couldn't find any online stores in Canada that sell thin blue foam. Cheers :thumb2:

J

Julian220022

I'm in Canada as well:smiling2: But that hasn't stopped me from ordering modelling supplies from the UK, Poland, Ireland, Spain, China, United States, Italy to name just a few. I'm assuming he's gone to the local Home Depot, Michael's, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Rona and the local hobby/craft stores and hasn't found what he's looking for. I did a quick search and couldn't find any online stores in Canada that sell thin blue foam. Cheers :thumb2:

Thanks Ty, but unfortunately they only seem to ship inside the U.K.