Henschel 33 D1 Kfz.72 Radio Truck & Sd.Ah 24 Generator build up.

R

Ron Lebert

Ok let's see if this works.
27090-Meißen-1937-Kaserne_der_Nachrichten_-_Abteilung_44-Brück_&_Sohn_Kunstverlag.jpgDSCN7513.JPG
Great! This loaded well.
Hi everyone my name is Ron Lebert. I am coming over from Military Modelling like the rest of the refugees that have settled over here.
I am from Lake Shore Ontario Canada, located just outside of Windsor. We are the most southern part of Canada & our southern drawl is barely noticable the say.
I am a dedicated scratch builder & I mostly build German vehicles with a few allied thrown in once in a while. I hope that all of you out there will learn a few build tricks from reading my build articles.
I will post a link to the start of the Henschel build as it is quite detailed & way too much work to repost everything all over again.
Below are a few of my scratch builds.
Nikon 222.JPG
IMG_6096.jpg
DSCN2491.jpg
DSCN2486.JPG
I have several detailed & interesting build articles, in the near future I will post the links for you to save all of the photos before they are trashed forever.
They contain very hard to find detailed photos of the build vehicles & a lot of interesting build details that are sure to help you.
I need to figure out how to create a build album, then will start o post photos. Now with this being a different modelling site I will need to know what all of you are interested to see in my build articles. The reason I ask is that the articles are very detailed I need to know if that is what all of you are interested in.
Hope to hear from some of you out there soon.
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron,
You have really made my day joining here as I will get to see the end of this build and whatever you've got planned for the future, I learn so much from your builds.
regards Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Great you are here and I look forward to seeing the radio truck completed and your future builds. The builds on SM are more varied than on MilMod although your hints and tips are applicable to every build from planes to cars and ships to trucks.
Jim

R

Ron Lebert

Jim & Samson, so nice to see you here I will try to do a good job of it.
Still trying to figure out how to create a album to upload my photos to.
Any advice is welcome, do they have a album file here to save photos to?
Jim R didn't see you there buddy, maybe you can help with the album question.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ron
Good to see you. As far as I know, you don’t need albums, just load pictures directly into the post. If you really want to, I think you can use the media files tab.
There is a posting on it somewhere loaded by one of the helpful mods.
Cheers
Tim

R

Ron Lebert

Hi Tim, I did a album search & like your reply it looks like albums aren't big over here. The album allows me to have quick access to my photos while creating the blog.
This way I don't have to wait for a photo to load while I write, creating a stop in creative thinking.
This may sound odd but when you write a story it needs to flow. I don't know if my blogging style is used much over here from what I see so far.
Ron

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Ron, great to see you here too and those are some really nice builds.:thumb2:
Looking forward to see more of the Henschel.

Fernando

R

Ron Lebert

Fernando, Thanks so much!
nerd_smiley.gif

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ron
Great to have you on this forum. Really looking forward to catching up with your latest updates. Great to see your builds again:thumb2:
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ron
You can always write the text first, leaving gaps, then simply add the pictures once the text is complete...
It's how I am doing mine..
Cheers
tim

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Ron,
EXCELLENT....... glad to see that you caught the the flight out........... lol. I would like to see your future builds in the way that you did over on MM. I've learnt alot from watching you put your models together. Especially your research of your future builds.
Crack on my friend.......

Regards Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Ron and welcome your work is just amazing :thumb2:
Pete.

B

Brad9826

Great to see you Ron, welcome, looking forward to the continuation of the Henschel. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

P

PeteK

Hi Ron,
really glad to see you have made it across to here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work on the Henschel.
Pete

First Name
Wouter
Hi Ron, good to see you pop in chap. And very pleased to watch your older work again, they remain classics!

Cheers

R

Ron Lebert

WoW lots of hello's!
Thanks Scottie, Steve, Tim, Mike Pete, Brad, PeteK, & Wouter. I will try to not disappoint but the site feels a bit strange @ the moment but that will change as I get familiar with the layout.
Love the spell check as it is instant in display.
Ok I will upload a few photos & get started.
Ron

R

Ron Lebert

The post carries on from MM link, so look to the link to catch up on the posting.

DSCN7882.JPG
The blocking in of the details continues, don't worry about a few paint slips as you will touch up once all details are painted in.
DSCN7884.JPG
I know it looks odd to paint things primer red but the base colour of the details are made from bakelite. I will try to mimic the look as I go along in the build shots.
The bench top is the base colour for our walnut finish stain look. I used yellow Ochre Vallejo #913.
4.JPG
Here you see the details up close. Washes will tone down the red colour.
DSCN7885.JPG
Time for a Paynes Grey filter to age the paint finish.
DSCN7886.JPG
Stary with a very very light filter, this addes depth to the paint. later we will use a dark chocolate brown my colour is called Vandyke Brown.
You can see very small specks of the pigment this is good as it adds detail to the paint.
DSCN7887.JPG
Both shots are after two light filters, I see I need a bit of touch up. The photos are great to see as I really don't see the Paint slipswith my eyes.