hi guy's coming to the end of the cb750 f build

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Hi guy's coming to the end of the cb750 f build but on the instructions it does not show where the 4 pipes go from the spark plugs. Also the other 2 pipes from the carboretures, had look on here for pipe lay out could not see where they go, and had look on internet for fuel pipe lay out. All it gave me was exhust pipe and wiring lay out help please thank you

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
the four plug leads go into a coil and that gets attached to the under side of the frame behind the head stock

the cables from the carbs go to the throttle passing through the headstock

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi paul thank you but on my model i have no dimples on my model or part for the ignition coils, i've cut all the tubes to length but they look to short. Spark leads cut to 1.5 cm but they do not reach coil/s

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Jim I've not built this one I've built it's big brother the 1/6 scale and that had the dimple on the coils for the spark plug leads to go maybe you accidentally cut them off or they broke off when you removed them from the sprue could you not use a micro drill and drill into the coils then use copper wire to make the dimples I think that would be a fairly simple answer.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
hi paul thank you but on my model i have no dimples on my model or part for the ignition coils, i've cut all the tubes to length but they look to short. Spark leads cut to 1.5 cm but they do not reach coil/s
Shouldn't they be 3.5cm?

Pete

james pithouse

First Name
James
why did I not think off that ken, also Paul it I recon like you suggested but I have not much tubing, just to finish doing front brake and the rest but any, left over might use as a extension for spark plug and carborators .

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so think laterally..................in the past ive used individual wires stripped out of a dead usb cable., they have different coloured insulation.........or even coloured fishing line

D

Deleted member 3568

Paul has some great ideas there Jim I've used a few of them in the past.

M

m1ks

On the 12yh scale kit, you shove them out of sight, but in reality the plug leads go to 2 separate coils, you could easily scratch build these from bits of scrap sprue or just tuck them under the tank. Fuel line goes to a tap on the tank, also not provided with this kit.