HK 1/32 Lancaster due for launch October/November

BarryW

SMF Poster
First Name
Barry
That’s how it was intended — the first one, “How much will the add-ons be?”, was too. I see now that the humour may have been a bit too subtle, though.

What I meant to do was to poke a bit of fun at the fact that no matter how much a kit costs, a lot of modellers will buy even more money’s worth of accessories for it.
That is a good point. How often have we seen people say on forums how they cannot afford a £100 Tamiya Spitfire, for instance, getting a £30 Revell instead, Then they post their build having spent out on correction and detailing sets enough to buy the Tamiya in the first place!! People can be very odd...... this forum is a lot saner than most though!

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
Then they post their build having spent out on correction and detailing sets enough to buy the Tamiya in the first place!!
But if they had bought the £100 Tamiya kit, they would probably still have bought much the same add-ons as for the Revell kit, so end up spending even more for relatively less gain …

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
personally i couldnt warrant spending that sort of money......thats more than i spend in a year for everything with this hobby.......and to be honest even if i could i wouldnt cos something like that is going to take quite a bit of time to build and id be bored &£%less....but i look forward to seeing someone build one

each to their own

BarryW

SMF Poster
First Name
Barry
If anyone want's to save a few quid you could always pre-order it from here:thumb2:
Oh John - what is your second name, Satan?

If I do fall for that temptation how on earth am I going to convince my missus to let me drill those holes in the garage wall?

Jim R

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Being selfish I hope someone on here buys one and builds it 'cause it would be great to see one built. There must be at least one wealthy, WW2 aeroplane nut on SM forum :rolling:

Bigfoot57

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
Your assumption is correct Jim although I am currently building the Hattche 1/32 Lancaster which if you take all the frames and stringers will probably amount to over 10,000 parts I am surely tempted by this one to see how a professionally produced kit compares to a partwork like for instance has the HK one bothered with the radio station compartment which the Hattche has not forcing a total scratch build to model this equipment
that sort of thing expensive yes but it is in the same league as poacher model cars or the eaglemoss / Deagostini partworks which usally amount to over £1000 these days

Regards

Colin

dave

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Oh John - what is your second name, Satan?

If I do fall for that temptation how on earth am I going to convince my missus to let me drill those holes in the garage wall?
You could try claiming it is additional ventilation to deal with the heatwave

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
My first car cost £400. OK it was 32 years ago but it was a flippin actual rusty car ! Surely they are not expecting to sell many. Never mind the cost, just the size would put people off.