holiday crew

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
got some decent photos of the chaps head this morning, Got a small desktop studio cube for about £8 from evilbay;
DSC_1226.JPG DSC_1227.JPG DSC_1228.JPG DSC_1229.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice ,Steve,real well done,I do like him,
some days I,battle with faces,and your done well,like the look on his face,;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
That is some detailed paintwork and the uniform is so bloomin great to see. I've always struggled with figs but you have shown great talent in this figure
Love the facial painting. The depth and colours and reslism you have portrayed is fantastic

Kind regards

Robert

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is some detailed paintwork and the uniform is so bloomin great to see. I've always struggled with figs but you have shown great talent in this figure
Love the facial painting. The depth and colours and reslism you have portrayed is fantastic

Kind regards

Robert

Robert,
Thats very kind of you to say :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Minor update, and I do mean minor – The German ‘arm’ Patches have been painted, they are no bigger than 1.5mm x 1mm. I used 3 colours from Humbrol acrylics – Coal Black, Scarlett Red and insignia Yellow. Had a think about how to do it and decided to layer the colours so, overall coating of the yellow, then a block of red added onto the yellow and finally repeated with the black. Glued his head onto the body (second painted head). Need to add the boom mike, did try some fuse wire but it was hard to bend to shape, then remembered I had some alloy wire from little.cars so will use that tonight. Think I will also add the headphone cable from some coated wire, there is a cable moulded onto the body, but even if I touched it in wouldn’t show very well on the camo, plus it doesn’t connect to the helmet. I think I have now become obsessive over these two and need weening off !!

1.jpg

Looks like the red has bled a bit, so will need to tidy up, but at normal size cant see this

2.jpg

'Near' actual size -

4 near size.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Boom mike added, very fiddly, but looks okay. Headphone cable added from very thin fuse wire to be painted, was making sure the glue had dried first.DSC_1419.jpg DSC_1414-fsize.jpg

First Name
colin
Excellent Steve really impressed with the attention to detail

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very impressage work Steve,he is looking great,do like the added detail,:D

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice work Steve - that's the way to do it!
Cheers
P