First Name
Ian
I'm sure you will be able to beat this, you have made a good start

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good so far Polux. You guys who paint these figures to such a high standard have my complete admiration.

P

Paul P

Hi Bud this is looking good, remember don't judge the finish of the paint straight away, they will look different after a few hours, acrylics paints are opaic and so let a bit of the colour from underneath show through. As for the cross, the Hospitaliers had black surcoats, or robes with a white Maltese cross

View attachment 107428

this would take up most of the shield front and the top part of the surcoat, the red cross belonged to the knights Templar

untitled.png

P

Paul P

Hi bud its looking good, can I suggest that you use a mixture of black and burnt umber as the base coat for black. Black is very harsh to use in a block of colour but also it gives the black a slightly worn look it also means you can use straight black for the deepest shadows.

also for a base coat for white add a touch of yellow this means you can use straight white as the very top of your highlights

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along very nicely Polux, ;)

very nice tips or info for base coats thank you very much Paul. :D

P

Polux

Thanks guys and gal!!

I will do it Paul!! Thank you very much ;)

P

Paul P

Looking very good my friend, the habit is coming along nicely. in stead of dry brushing the highlights just add a bit of white to the base colour and paint it on, you will get a smoother finish