Imex Trinidad 1/450

First Name
Tony
View attachment 35155View attachment 35156View attachment 35157View attachment 35158

Imex Trinidad - one in a series of cargo vessels by Imex. An excellent kit with few mould imperfections for filling and very little flash removal. The instructions are satisfactory, but not the best. My kit was supplied without the strips and Model Technics Trimline was used. I must have drawn a short straw as my kit was supplied with black transfers for a black hull! I improvised and left a small area white before applying the name.

Full sized vessel - LOA 168.26m - LPP 159.42m - B 24.36 - D 10.178m - GT 10.768 - DWT 15.862

- Built 1968 Mitsui SB. & Eng Co LTD. - Tamano, Japan - Yard No 776

- Trinidad 1968 - Tamano 1978 - New Sun 1979 - Maule 1980

- Broken up in Behai, Guangxi-Zhuang, China - 05/1987

View attachment 39622

View attachment 39623

View attachment 39624

View attachment 39625

Imex Trinidad 1.jpg

Imex Trinidad 9.jpg

Imex Trinidad 11.jpg

Imex Trinidad 12a.jpg

First Name
Tony
After some time away from building plastic model ships, I am trying to get back into the hobby. Decided to have a look at the condition of my 'fleet' which had been in storage in the shed. The Imex 'Trinidad' and my Revell Harbour tug were in repairable condition, but the Revell 'Hawaiian Pilot', 'Esso Glasgow' and N.S. 'Savannah' were beyond repair and had to be binned. My wife has also treated me to a brand new Revell 'Olympic' which I will post when a worthwhile amount of building has been done.

My 'Trinidad' has lost it's rear mast which is quite a detailed item and will need to be scratch built along with some missing deck fittings. The rigging to the front crane needs replacing and I plan to remove the black 'Trinidad' names, paint the area black and make new white names on the computer, to bring the model in line with the full sized vessel.

The photograph shows the model looking a little tired and in need of a clean and little tlc. Also found the photograph of the box-art.

Looking on ebay, this kit in an unbuilt condition is quite difficult to obtain, hence prices of between £60 and £120. The earlier version of the kit, when it was made and sold as a motorised kit by Japanese company IKKO (#212) is even rarer and hence brings even better prices.

Found this on the full sized vessel - https://www.sjohistorie.no/no/skip/30499

Attachments

• Imex Trinidad 15.JPG
    Imex Trinidad 15.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Imex Trinidad Box Art.JPG
    Imex Trinidad Box Art.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 9