Italeri 1/35 Schnellboote Build

First Name
Gregg
I started this build back in 2011 my first plastic model in 45 years. I was building and flying (crashing) R/C model planes, but now retired and living in a very small apartment I no longer have the space to store all the broken bits and pieces to rebuild some time later

(which never comes)

I have always wanted to build an E-boat since seeing one ina lion comic bak in th 50's as a child. Now with time on my hands and needing to keep the declining brain cells active have jumped in at the deep end.

The intention is to depict a heavily used boat, warts and all. I am also fitting Motors and R/C with the intention of using it on the local park pond eventually.

I hope you enjoy this build as much as I am enjoying doing it, the pics will be in no particular order as I tend to do one area and when bored (frustrated) move to another area etc..

The first thing I will have to do is work out how to attach photo's on here as the one thing I haven't masterd is how to use a computer!

Gregg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking good buddy this is the second of these build im watching there is another build on another forum...so im looking forward to your interpretation of this big beast

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking rather good and beaten.

Ian M

A

andyrobs

Hi Gregg, cracking build mate, very impressive indeed

Cheers, Andrew

P

phalinmegob

super job so far mate, putting a lot more into yours than i did with mine, this is one of the kits i have enjoyed building the most and i may get another one soon.

M

mobear

top notch building and painting on this,and its going to work also yeehaaa lol

mobear

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this Gregg and may i say what great work your putting into this keep it up and keep those pictures coming. I think the one in the middle and on the lefthand side both look like Daniel craig

First Name
Gregg
Thanks for your positive comments, they're really appreciated.

The guy on the left looks like Steve McQueen to me, maybe they're dopplgangers!

Gregg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Some lovely work and weathering going on there Gregg, very nice......

The one on the left definitely isn't Daniel Craig....his lower lip doesn't protrude enough!!!! Meow, scratch 'yer eyes out!!

Ron

First Name
Gregg
Needing a break from the Boote itself, I have decided to start work on the crew. This is a totally new venture as I have never bothered with figures before, even with pilots in cockpits etc..

I have collected a number of 1/35 scale figures in varying clothing attires and intend to modify to be suitable for an assorted crew.

Having browsed several reference books and their photo's, I have noticed that when docked various attire was worn and not all naval unform especially when replenishing and repairing. So using artistic licence have decided to break from the traditional Schnellboote crew and their positions and try my hand.

Starting with removing boots and baring legs! First photo is what I am aiming for, third photo is before mods others are during mods and end result.

Rivett counters will probably find fault, but being an ex-vehicle customiser/modifier I do my own thing!

View attachment 60776

View attachment 60777

View attachment 60778

View attachment 60779

Boot & Leg Mods.jpg

Boot & Shoe Mods.jpg

Before Boot, Leg & Trouser Mods.jpg

Boot Leg & Trouser Mods After.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bunkerbarge

This is looking really good and what I think is making it stand out is the fact that you are not following convention but are prepared to do your own thing and paying attention to real life. Having a couple of life jackets hanging around is perfect and shows a great appreciation of the real life situation.

M

mobear

some gorgeous stuff going on in this build awesome so far

mobear

P

phalinmegob

such natural looking poses in the figures mate, excellent work