Italeri 1/35 Schnellboote Build

First Name
Gregg
Some updates soon, just waiting for a new camera to arrive.

Camera's and terra-firma don't mix very well:sad: :sad:

Gregg

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Some updates soon, just waiting for a new camera to arrive.Camera's and terra-firma don't mix very well:sad: :sad:

Gregg
What camera have you chosen? I recently bought a bottom-of-the-range SLR, a Nikon D3100, and it is proving very satisfactory for table-top photography.

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
What camera have you chosen? I recently bought a bottom-of-the-range SLR, a Nikon D3100, and it is proving very satisfactory for table-top photography.
Only a Fuji FinePix 8200 Bridge Camera, with my Christmas present monies. I saw a reasonable deal on the net and am just awaiting delivery.

I have a Fuji FinePix S1000s Bridge Camera that recently sprang wings and went flyaway. It appeared to be undamaged until I realised that the batteries were only lasting about a third of their usual capacity.

A change of new batteries and the same result, and regularly I would get a blank screen with the caption 'File Fault'

Up until it's little trip it had been faultless.

I realise that there is little chance of me visiting airfields/shows any more, so the bridge will be more than adequate for family/modelling needs.

I have accumulated many 35mm SLR's over the years along with a couple of vintage models, but the cost of buying/processing films/plates is too prohibitive now.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
First tentative shots with new camera, still much to learn but getting there slowly :smiling3: .

After seeing that some of my original crew had absconded to some of the other members threads on here, I have made some new ones and am finalising the positions around the Boote.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The next step is the hull major, which I am approaching with some trepidation. I have never tackled an area this large with a hairy stick:eek::eek:

View attachment 77139

View attachment 77140

View attachment 77141

View attachment 77142

View attachment 77143

View attachment 77144

View attachment 77145

View attachment 77146

View attachment 77147

View attachment 77148

View attachment 77149

Gregg

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Gregg

I've only just caught up with this and I am mightily impressed!

I love the work you've done with the figures and the schnellboote itself looks excellent. The weathering is very effective, the detail is amazing but what I like the most is the very natural look you have to the figures and the very lived in look of the working space. All well executed and all very believable.

All the more remarkable as you're working in limited space.

I'm giving you a 'top build' now because it already merits it.

Cheers P

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi GreggI've only just caught up with this and I am mightily impressed!

I love the work you've done with the figures and the schnellboote itself looks excellent. The weathering is very effective, the detail is amazing but what I like the most is the very natural look you have to the figures and the very lived in look of the working space. All well executed and all very believable.

All the more remarkable as you're working in limited space.

I'm giving you a 'top build' now because it already merits it.

Cheers P
What he said!

Gern

First Name
Gregg
Thank you all for your encouraging comments, they are really appreciated.

Recently I have been able to get my building board out a little more than I would normally be able to.

So I have pressed on with the area I have been putting off for a while, the 'HULL' all 39inches of it.

This is the largest area I have ever attempted with a hairy stick and acrylics, and the photo's are my second attempt as I wasn't too happy with the first.

Although the weathering looks to be 'OTT', I have actually used several photo's of very heavily abused Boots as the base for my weathering.

Apparently because they were often sent out night after night into action there was no time to keep 'Shipshape & Bristol Fashion maybe I should change that to 'Berlin'. They waited until it was damaged enough to have to take it out of line, then carried out all the repairs necessary at that time.

View attachment 77465

View attachment 77466

View attachment 77467

View attachment 77468

View attachment 77469

View attachment 77470

View attachment 77471

View attachment 77472

View attachment 77473

View attachment 77474

View attachment 77475

View attachment 77476

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 030.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 029.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 021.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 016.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 008.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 010.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 007.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 006.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 004.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 003.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 002.JPG

My Schnellboot Hull Weathering 001.JPG

P

Polux

Wow!!! :eek:

Great build!! The weathering is just stunning!!!

Cheers

Polux

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
stunning work like all the action on the deck adds to a great build and the weathering as has been said is spot on

First Name
Gregg
Finally got up the nerve to install the electronic gizmo's.

Only temporary positioning at present time, as I still need to carry out a water balance test yet. Weighing in at about 5 lb's so far.

Mixers & ESC modules wired up but still got the receiver and cooling fans to position, motors still to be wired in.

View attachment 80072

Gregg

Electrics.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The photos of this beauty in action are going to be worth seeing I feel.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb job Gregg, the weathering work is fantastic, brilliant result for all your hard work and efforts.

First Name
Gregg
I have been having major problems with the electrical side of things for a while. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought it was down to my limited electrical knowledge, so returned the items to the manufacturer to be checked out.

This has caused me to lose some interest in my project 'HOWEVER'

I have just received the repaired gizmo's back from the supplier and they all 'WORK' hooray :D :D :D

Hopefully a maiden voyage is imminent.

Bath test and balance check first then the open seas (well pond) beckon.

Watch this space:smiling3: :smiling3:

Gregg