Italeri 1/35 Schnellboote Build

First Name
Gregg
Fully assembled and put on scales.

Came out at 3.082 kilo (6.8lbs) a little more than I would have liked.

Not much I can do about it apart from a smaller (lighter) battery so lose some endurance.

Water/balance test next.

View attachment 86738

View attachment 86739

Nearly there.

Gregg

DSCF2369.JPG

DSCF2370.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Did they find enough boats bits for you to build another boat? :D If they ever drained our pond you could build two or three boats from the bits and bobs that have fallen off, sunk etc over the years.

Looking superb Gregg, a real credit to you mate, she looks the part. Ballast testing etc and then let her loose.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Did they find enough boats bits for you to build another boat? :D If they ever drained our pond you could build two or three boats from the bits and bobs that have fallen off, sunk etc over the years.Looking superb Gregg, a real credit to you mate, she looks the part. Ballast testing etc and then let her loose.

Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si, I have enjoyed the build even if I did take a long time.

In no big rush to get her wet, as I'd rather wait until the pond is cleaned and refilled.

I few months ago I took my grandson to this pond with a cheap e-bay bought R/c speedboat.

We lost one of the propellers and the rudder to underwater objects, one of the reasons the local model boat club moved their venue.

Having now side-lined the Atomic Annie and started on the Gato, I will probably concentrate on this and wait for summer and take both.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
After a very long wait, (years) decided to join a model boat club to be able to get her on water.
Wasn't as trouble free as I thought it would be.
No leaks but would go faster astern than forward, Lurssen Efekt made no noticeable difference to stance or speed and flat out (wasn't)
Slowed to nearly static on turns, not overly impressed.
On getting home I found a couple of the motor/shaft couplings had come loose. The mixer prop/rudder control almost stopped the motors on turning.
Tightened up the loose couplings, disconnected the prop/rudder mixer, now all seems to be ok.
Maiden S-100.JPG

First Name
Gregg
Last play before moving it on to a new owner.
Actually got the Lurssen Efekt to work, just changed to higher revving motors.
A definite change in attitude to the surface.
Achieved everything I set out to do, so moving on to newer projects.DSCF7674.JPGDSCF7675.JPGDSCF7673.JPGDSCF7671.JPGDSCF7670.JPGDSCF7669.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Only just seen this and read the whole thing from start to finish. Excellent job there Gregg. Really love it.

I have always wanted to have a shot at the 1/72 Revell E-Boat kit. Could never afford (or do it justice like you have) the Trumpeter one.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful shots of her cutting through the water Gregg you must be really pleased .

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Beautiful project Gregg :thumb2:
Looking forward to your new projects

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top stuff, she is beautiful on the water, real credit to you and the new owner will love it...I would.