JagdPanther, Braille scale, Revell

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i really enjoyed doing the M16 so going to have another go at an ex-Matchbox kit
i picked this up at a recent show for the ridiculous price of 50p! still sealed!
this was new tool back in 1974

a09eg3.jpg

6zvbxi.jpg

nqvmgg.jpg

P

Polux

I love those little kits. They have a plus of challenge....

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I remember doing one of these, it was one of my favourites.

im slowly working my way through a 'bucket list' of kits i can remember doing back when i was a kid.......this is one i can just dimly remember

First Name
colin
Only 50p I'm guessing it wasn't from sword and lance then paul ?

johnm93

SMF Supporter
i really enjoyed doing the M16 so going to have another go at an ex-Matchbox kit
i picked this up at a recent show for the ridiculous price of 50p! still sealed!
this was new tool back in 1974

a09eg3.jpg

6zvbxi.jpg

nqvmgg.jpg
Cool...! I built that in about 1976. I remember the originals were moulded in two colours.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I always liked those Matchbox kits, but that’s probably because I grew up with them (the all-purpose shop in the village carried almost nothing but). The Revell current re-issues have poorer quality tracks, but otherwise it’s nostalgia :smiling3: (And I have about half a dozen of their earlier re-issues, in the original Matchbox-style box and multiple colours, sitting in my stash.)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
There is no stopping you Paul. Look forward to watching this one come together. No chance of any Zim is there?:tongue-out3:

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s surprisingly easy on models this size with some modelling putty and a razor saw or sharpish spatula.

IMG_1240.jpg

That’s a also Revell Jagdpanther, but in 1/72. The putty is Revell as well, the pattern scored in with a spatula (a knife point turned out to be too sharp) and a ruler to get the lines straight.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
time for an update

ive been neglecting this for the last week but i have got some paint on it today

it looks a bit harsh but once i get a wash on it and some matt varnish it will tone down

also got the base done for the second time after it all went a bit pete tong the first time..........its not as good as the first time and thats annoyed me a bit cos it was looking really good and i messed it up at the last moment

next step a coat of clear then some wash all over

2jaasra.jpg

23t2rm1.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
50p and comes with base!
Looking good Paul
John.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
had a matt coat to dull it all down and added the tracks

you can tell that this kit hasnt aged well.......tracks arnt quite long enough or sit right on the road wheels.....still got a little gap after a bit of surgery..........going to have to hide it with a splodge of mud i think lol......all the paint i put on the tracks have flaked off too so will have to 'improvise'

104fdlg.jpg

ages ago i did the revell 1/72 jagdpanther, dragged it out cos i though it would be interesting to compare 1/72 to 1/76 ex-matchbox

1/72 on top from 1997 , 1/76 below from 1974

6joyth.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
tracks arnt quite long enough or sit right on the road wheels
The tracks on all the Revell reissues are much worse than on the original Matchbox kits. Many are softer and even stick to the other sprues in the kit, but some go hard with age and become so brittle they’ll break rather than bend.

1/72 on top from 1997 , 1/76 below from 1974
Somebody at Matchbox and/or Revell got their dimensions wrong somewhere, judging by that photo …

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats a great little build Paul. The comparison photo is a very interesting one. Its amazing how manufactures see an AFV in a different way to others