Jan - April 2016 Gb: Modern Jets. Chat Thread.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Ok Tony I think I've found the jet Chengdu J10a ( introduced 2005 ) first flight 1998 and looking at Polux rules this seems to fit criteria
Bronco seem to do this in 1/48 about £25 but again don't know anything about it ( yet)

If this is ok with rules and regs I'll order it

Over to you

Kind regards

Robert
The bronco kits are great robert , im doing the j10as two seater for the GB and its very nicely detaiIed . Got PE and a turned brass pitot included too. , cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Should be here sometime this week Tony and I will clear the desk for it. Nice to have a change and I can still clean and assemble some single link tracks while waiting for bits to dry.
Any advice on washes to 'enhance' panel line detail on a white, presumably satin or gloss finish? I was thinking maybe a medium grey just to add definition.
Yes i agree graham , a very subtle grey wash just to define the panel lines a little, these aircraft would be kept very clean i imagine, cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
The bronco kits are great robert , im doing the j10as two seater for the GB and its very nicely detaiIed . Got PE and a turned brass pitot included too. , cheers tony
Hi Tony ( don't want to be a bore but I defo go for this kit. I'm not really used to working with pe sets so I'm a bit daunting on what's the best way to go ( IE is OOB enough to get it done or better to go with the cockpit upgrades ( it does look nice) and the pitot?

Also I note they mostly look a uniform grey in colour so colour ref will need to be sought so I think John may be getting some colours from me.

Worst of all at the moment I'm A/ B less as compressor is dead and buried, waiting on a new one from John but that's not till end of Feb ( aghhhh)

Oh the complexity of modelling.

Robert

P

Polux

Robert....don't worry!!!

Take the time that you need!!! If you join in, you can finished it when you can ;)

There are some rules....but the most importnat one, the GOLDEN rule is GET's FUN !

PS: Your entry looks fine ;)

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Hi Tony ( don't want to be a bore but I defo go for this kit. I'm not really used to working with pe sets so I'm a bit daunting on what's the best way to go ( IE is OOB enough to get it done or better to go with the cockpit upgrades ( it does look nice) and the pitot?
Also I note they mostly look a uniform grey in colour so colour ref will need to be sought so I think John may be getting some colours from me.

Worst of all at the moment I'm A/ B less as compressor is dead and buried, waiting on a new one from John but that's not till end of Feb ( aghhhh)

Robert
This runs to the end of April Robert, don't worry about it. OOB (Out Of Box) is fine. I have no intentions of getting anything extra for my entry and, Polux is dead right, these GBs are about having fun so chill and make it a stroll not a marathon ;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
This runs to the end of April Robert, don't worry about it. OOB (Out Of Box) is fine. I have no intentions of getting anything extra for my entry and, Polux is dead right, these GBs are about having fun so chill and make it a stroll not a marathon ;)
Star ( that's my intention is to go OOB as I never really done a jet but I wanted to participate. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Great bunch of helpful chaps on here

Robert

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:

Robert
My bad robert. , the way i worded it was a bit misleading , what i meant was the small pe fret and brass pitot are included in the box. Have a look at my build thread for the j10as , theres a pic of whats in the box , the PE is basically just seat belts and a few tiny bits so nothing to worry about , cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
My bad robert. , the way i worded it was a bit misleading , what i meant was the small pe fret and brass pitot are included in the box. Have a look at my build thread for the j10as , theres a pic of whats in the box , the PE is basically just seat belts and a few tiny bits so nothing to worry about , cheers tony
That's helpful, I just thought when on the site of course there's add ons etc and as graham pointed out its not a race etc.

I've taken the plunge now so it's on it's way to me Bronco J10A single seat fighter ( looks a nice kit in reviews )I tried looking at the trumpeter version but from reviews the kits are very sim just the trump has more equipment in stores etc ( I don't want to spend tons of money on a first jet )but want to make a good attempt at least and seeing as it's til the end of April I'll get my new compressor from John and all relative stuff together.

Thanks again for the help and advice

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
That's helpful, I just thought when on the site of course there's add ons etc and as graham pointed out its not a race etc.
I've taken the plunge now so it's on it's way to me Bronco J10A single seat fighter ( looks a nice kit in reviews )I tried looking at the trumpeter version but from reviews the kits are very sim just the trump has more equipment in stores etc ( I don't want to spend tons of money on a first jet )but want to make a good attempt at least and seeing as it's til the end of April I'll get my new compressor from John and all relative stuff together.

Thanks again for the help and advice

Robert
There you go Robert. Bit of positive thinking and the chillometer needle hits 'cool' :rolleyes: That's the way to look at modelling :smiling3:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
After all the decisions and complications which I hence say we're mine I have decided to go with this kit for my entry and thankyou to all the helpers in the decision making. Give it a few days for postage and we shall see what I will end up doing with it.

Think I got all the criteria right so wish me luck image.jpeg

Robert

P

Polux

Excellent choice Robert ;)

I built some Bronco models (not planes) and they are good!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yes looks good to me del, nice to have a bit of civil stuff in the GB too