"Jim's Conversion corner" Sherman 'skidder'

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job on this one,real do like the weathering so very well done,looks as it grow there, :D

S

steve5

man when you weather something you don't muck around , absolutely love it , this is what I am trying to learn , do you have any pics of how you achieved this effect , I have been modelling for about 3-4 years only on ships's , I came over to tank's to learn how to weather , having a good time so far .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
man when you weather something you don't muck around , absolutely love it , this is what I am trying to learn , do you have any pics of how you achieved this effect , I have been modelling for about 3-4 years only on ships's , I came over to tank's to learn how to weather , having a good time so far .

Thanks Steve, I have given some hints in past posts but not a true tutorial in the sense. am beginning a conversion project entailing mounting a German 88 on a captured KV1b chassis, will do a workup on it. But I am also turning a HEMTT heavy hauler flatbed (8x8 turned into a 10x10 by combining two HEMTT 8x8 tanker trucks-already built) just needs painting and weathering from desert sand color to "obnoxious orange" to compliment "Logger" series of vehicles.

I promise to do a detailed tutorial on my techniques to be finished the same way as halftrack and Sherman skidders. Though I warn, be prepared to be bored stiff, one thing I can say in short about my technique is layers,layers,layers......... oh, here's another one I had fun weathering

View attachment 216033

View attachment 216034

View attachment 216036

View attachment 216035

View attachment 216037

S

steve5

Thanks Steve, I have given some hints in past posts but not a true tutorial in the sense. am beginning a conversion project entailing mounting a German 88 on a captured KV1b chassis, will do a workup on it. But I am also turning a HEMTT heavy hauler flatbed (8x8 turned into a 10x10 by combining two HEMTT 8x8 tanker trucks-already built) just needs painting and weathering from desert sand color to "obnoxious orange" to compliment "Logger" series of vehicles.

I promise to do a detailed tutorial on my techniques to be finished the same way as halftrack and Sherman skidders. Though I warn, be prepared to be bored stiff, one thing I can say in short about my technique is layers,layers,layers......... oh, here's another one I had fun weathering

View attachment 216033

View attachment 216034

View attachment 216036

View attachment 216035

View attachment 216037

cheer's mate , I'm really looking forward to seeing , and learning  , from you jim , also love the way you beat the fenders up , is that done with heat .

, like a hair dryer ??

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
cheer's mate , I'm really looking forward to seeing , and learning , from you jim , also love the way you beat the fenders up , is that done with heat .

, like a hair dryer ??
No hair dryer Steve, a cigarette lighter, a pair of needle nose pliers and a couple of scorched fingers:D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Brilliant work!:cool:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Brilliant work!:cool:
Thanks Gavin, a bit of an unusual subject but fun since we do our own logging, though with more conventional machines. More to come as scope of subject and amount of boneyard models is endless...stay tuned;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
unusual subject but fun since we do our own logging
I've seen something similar in a past episode on Discovery about some "mad" loggers.... Anyway, as always impressive work!!:cool::cool:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Jim. I guess with armament removed it is a tractor of sorts, nice idea.