July-October 2015 GB: Soviet Aircraft. Chat Thread.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Go on then Paul , I'm dying to know what it is!!
when i was a kid i used to spend ages going through the airfix catalogue, ticking off a wishlist

this was always on the list, could never afford it out of my pocket money, could never save up long enough and if i did id buy something else, picked it up at a show for 6 quid recently

View attachment 113181

4lj0vc.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice , a very significant aircraft yet virtually ignored by the kit makers , i think theres only this and the trumpeter one ever been tooled , ( the Bilek one is a repop of the airfix mould ) looking forward to seeing it

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well it was a close run thing , after all the votes were counted (5!!) Neils late winner took it for the Su 34 . I'll be posting up some sprue shots etc, but for the meantime heres a taster of what i'm aiming for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Sukhoi_Su-34_in_2012_%282%29.jpg cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Well it was a close run thing , after all the votes were counted (5!!) Neils late winner took it for the Su 34 . I'll be posting up some sprue shots etc, but for the meantime heres a taster of what i'm aiming for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Sukhoi_Su-34_in_2012_(2).jpg cheers tony
So your doing a snow scene then Tony :smiling3:

N

Netboy

Damn, I'd loved to have joined in this but I won't finish anywhere near the end of October even if I started now. I have this oldish kit (80's?) to do, would love to have done this justice. Hey ho, next time!

View attachment 121209

157367-11185.jpg