Large Sulaco scratch build

B

baz

Hello every one,
well here I am holding my latest large scale model build of the Sulaco space ship from aliens, that is not a smile on my face its due to the weight of the model she is over six feet long 15 inches high and just over a foot wide. I hope that you like her, she has been made for a private collector who loves the alien films. One of the biggest problems was making sure all the small sections I built lined up and could be secured together without a weak point. Just over 6 weeks to build it has come together well and now all it needs is the base coat of paint as my collector friend will be doing the final painting as you all know that is not my scene . you may notice some items missing from the ship, the bottom pylon the guns and attenna array these were made as small models and built so they could slide on or push fit after the model has found its new home. please let me know what you think,

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) and now you see why.

Attachments

• SULACO FOUR.jpg
    SULACO FOUR.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1666.jpg
    DSCF1666.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1669.jpg
    DSCF1669.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF0146.jpg
    DSCF0146.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0163.jpg
    DSCF0163.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0670.jpg
    DSCF0670.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1476.jpg
    DSCF1476.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF9869.jpg
    DSCF9869.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF9864.jpg
    DSCF9864.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF9865.jpg
    DSCF9865.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1472.jpg
    DSCF1472.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1475.jpg
    DSCF1475.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 36
N

Norman

Hi Barrie,

Man, this IS very impressing, hope to see pictures when she's all painted.

B

baz

thanks for the comments everyone, YES there will be more photos when I get chance to get some paint on her, the weather is to blame, I spray outside to make sure I breathe clean air.
if any one wants to see the build up shots of the model please let me know.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

B

baz

Hello every one here is another couple of shots of the nearly completed 6 foot plus Sulaco model, it just needs a base caot of paint and then it is ready for my collector to collect ( sorry about the pun ).

Attachments

• SULACO FOUR.jpg
    SULACO FOUR.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SULACO TWO.jpg
    SULACO TWO.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SULACO THREE.jpg
    SULACO THREE.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 12

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
AWESOME Baz! The buyer clearly has some space!!!
The size of this model aside the detail and build is real quality.

Excellent skill
Cheers
P

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,real do enjoy seeing theses,real well done.;)

J

Jens Andrée

Awesome build you've done there!!!
I'm all to familiar with the U.S.S. Sulaco from the original Alien films and it's an impressive ship for sure!
I'd say you've pulled it off :smiling3:

Any plans to make a UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship, or even the USCSS Nostromo, to compliment it later?

D

Doug Hughes

I don't normally bother with the sci-fi threads, but this is brilliant, Barrie. Amazing scratch-building skills.

Bit of trivia here - did folks know Sulaco is the name of a town in Joseph Conrad's 'Nostromo'. The name Nostromo will also be familiar to Alien fans, and names from Conrad's novels are used throughout the Alien franchise. I found a full (?) list - including many I didn't know about - here: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Joseph_Conrad

B

baz

Many thanks everyone for the kind positive comments YES there is a Nostromo model on the way for another collector in Greece, he wants me to build him a three feet long model with landing legs, I have all ready started the base sections of the model but have yet to start putting on the detail as soon as it starts to look like a model I will post some images for you guys.

Thanks also for the Conrad info, I just can not stop building,