LE*D. Another ace.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sky,duck eggs,blueish green! It's all tremendous fun but luckily all I'm painting is a model. This is now done in my basic Sky. It is a slightly lightened version of White Ensigns Colorcoat. I would normally use Xtracrylix but I used it all up making my interior green...Doh!

It obviously needs a bit of shading and I've noticed I need to fix a gap under one of the horizontal stabilisers which I missed but this stuff takes a looong time to dry.

Anyway,I present Stona's interpretation of Sky.

Picture taken in what passes for natural sunlight here in Birmingham!

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Bit off a cock up. I didn't put the light inserts into the wings and now they won't fit. I'll have to make a "box" from some card and then liberate the reflector assembly from the kit part and glue it to that. This means I'll have to touch up the Sky underside which means I won't be getting the camo done for a few days due to work commitments.

Oh well.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
To you Steve, nothing but a minor irritation......Onwards and upwards!

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
To you Steve, nothing but a minor irritation......Onwards and upwards!Cheers,

Ron
True Ron,I'm letting them dry,then I'll trim them and shave them so that they don't interfere with the fit of the clear part, then I'll be off and running again. I won't lose anything apart from a bit of time! We both know you can't set a schedule for these things anyway. I still might get the Dark Earth on this evening.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Don't be rushing things mind, just 'cos that four letter word 'Work' is looming in the next day or so.....The model will still be there when you get back to the bench.

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Masked the Dark Earth and got the basic Dark Green on. A bit of work on that tomorrow and then all will be revealed.

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Steve

All is looking very good despite all the challenges you've had. Can't wait to see the masking removed.

Vaughan

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Steve, you no play fair lol. Can't wait to see it in all it's glory mate, i'm drooling now.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
In the words of some old fella from the Mississippi Delta "I woke up this morning and thought I'd have a bit of toast". I made the second bit up. Suddenly I remembered I had a Hurricane to unmask,so,faint with hunger I hurried to the front room and tore off the masking to reveal the camouflage.

There are a couple of bits to touch up or alter which is easy-peasy,one of the big advantages of air brushing.I'm pretty happy with this though.

Now for a nice cuppa tea and some Marmite toast.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hi Steve Marmite im in the hate it catergory on that one but loving the build great work
They say you love it or hate it. It is nectar of the gods to me,but you'd be best of using it for masking. Apparently it can be used for this. I'd love to see someone try! How do you get it off?:hmmm:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmmmmmmm Marmite! Love it. Its one of the few things I miss from England. Its about as rare as rocking horse.............. over here!

I love that Hurricane as well. Hell its not even finished yet and it looks great. I so need to get one. As I only do 1/48 (at the moment...) I am stuck with a half decent airfix or an expensive Hasewhatsit one.

This is really looking good Steve.

Ian M

ps hope you enjoyed your toast!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
They say you love it or hate it. It is nectar of the gods to me,but you'd be best of using it for masking. Apparently it can be used for this. I'd love to see someone try! How do you get it off?:hmmm:Cheers

Steve
you lick it off! Nah, I think its a case of warm water and a soft cloth... I am sure some one here has used it, I think it was a piece of armour.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Used maramite on a Mini Art Kit a while back.
This is of course heresy to the lovers of Marmite! It's like wasting Klear on a floor. People have been burned at the stake for less. :smile:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now I want some Marmite!!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hmmmmmmm Marmite! Love it. Its one of the few things I miss from England. Its about as rare as rocking horse.............. over here!
Ian, I'd offer to send you some, but any civilised country would regard it as chemical waste and I don't have an export licence for that! :lol

Gern

N

noble

Steve iam just catching up with some of the builds, this is looking quality mate looking forward to seeing it completed.

scott