LE*D. Another ace.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The aircraft now has an identity,no Marmite needed! The decals are on and have had a first slosh of Microsol to snuggle them down. Very nice decals in this kit,top quality. They seem to be PCM's own though they may have out sourced them.

I did have to slice and touch up the lower wing roundel as it would never have conformed to the large bump towards the trailing edge of the wing.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Yes indeed Steve looks like the decals layed down very nicely and the build is looking great!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Progress is slow. I've assembled and fitted the rather over complicated under carriage.

I was unsure of what IFF system a Hurricane of late 1940 would have been equipped with. Mr Spitfire,a.k.a. Edgar Brooks knows a thing or two about Hurricanes too and was able to provide the following sketch.

I've never seen a model with this system represented but I thought it would be worth a go. So far I've built and fixed the tailplane attachment point as per the sketch and also drilled a hole in the fuselage. The antenna wire itself will be fitted at the end of the build along with the one for the H.F. wireless.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top drawer stuff, Steve. Looking really good.

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nearly there,a little weathering to be done,not much.

Hopefully I'll stick some completed piccies in tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve