"Let's soak their washing!" Vietnam Swift Boat (PCF) Mekong Delta.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Sorry to say this Ron I dot like it.............. I love it literally everything about it is Awesome!!

I don't know how to do water scenes but this is not just any same old water scene,the dirty water churn look is so authentic looking. You can almost hear those engines tuning!!

Really do like this

Top notch

Regards

Robert

T

treyzx10r

You never cease to amaze Ron,yet another dynamic build that just keeps yielding eye candy the more you look ! What a stunner! Very nicely done Sir!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I pressed for the muddy delta scene. I imagined a dirty river with the boat speeding along the bank with trees in the background, but this; this is AWESOME. Look at that water splashing up against the steps as the wake hits the shore. Wow, just amazing Ron.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cracking dio love the wake of the boat just like Apocalypse now top work

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Superb stuff, TBH thought the first shot was a photo of what you trying to replicate. very good PP work.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What brilliant posts about my model from my mates on here!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm really chuffed by the contents.....

One question from BBdave.......Dave, the river water is just children's cheap acrylics painted over with household varnish.

Once again, thanks all for your great posts.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
What brilliant posts about my model from my mates on here!
Thank you all so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm really chuffed by the contents.....

One question from BBdave.......Dave, the river water is just children's cheap acrylics painted over with household varnish.

Once again, thanks all for your great posts.

Ron
They're all well-earned Ron.

The only thing that detracts from this is the lack of figures. Considering how long the war lasted and the number of nations involved, I find it very strange that there is such a shortage of available figures. I mean, there's no end of 'planes and armour and ships - you woulda thunk somebody would be making figures to go with them all.

N

noble

Cracking work as usual Ron but I would not expect anything less.

Scott

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant.

Looks like a competition entry to me.

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
Here is my finished Revell Swift Boat (PCF). The crew are having some fun trying to flick the boat's wash at some local's washing on a small river in the Mekong Delta.....
Just a pity I was unable to find some 1/48 Marines to pose onboard. I'll keep looking.

Just a handful of far too many pictures I took!

I hope you like the end result.

View attachment 148241

View attachment 148242

View attachment 148243

View attachment 148244

View attachment 148245

View attachment 148246

View attachment 148247

General top view of the finished model...

View attachment 148248

Thanks to everyone who supported me with comments and suggestions during the build.

Thanks for looking at the finished diorama.

Cheers,

Ron
This is just awesome .

I love the water effects and the way you have created the waves .What product did you use for the water .

The whole model looks great and very realistic,great build really good

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
great job Ron it looks like a scene from apocalypse now what size is the base ?

First Name
Adrian
I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, its fantastic. I just wish I could have 1% of your skill with water.

Adrian

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks all. I'm well chuffed you like the model.

Dave - You are dead right. I just can't find any 1/48 U.S. Marines for this period.

Stuart - For all my 'water', bases and buildings etc, I always use children's cheap paints. By just painting on a flat surface it is possible to create the illusion of any depth of water. I then use ordinary household varnish to get a bit of a shine. Finally, I use silicone sealant to create movement. I don't like resin water products......Simple is best for me at least!

Steve - It's 20"X 13", with opposite corners randomly chopped off. If I can, I like to do this to my 'water bases' rather than a uniform shape. I did the same with my two U. Boats. It seems to give an impression of more movement somehow.

Adrian - As 'Oddball would say "No negative waves, babe!".....Have a go. It's good fun and I reckon you could well surprise yourself - but you will have to try to find out;)

Thanks again everyone.

Ron