Lord Henry Paget COMPLETED

P

Paul P

Si courage my man, wheres yer stiff upper lip ? Mines normally above me loose flabby jaw :confused: get it started, you know you want to;)

Joe :sad:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fantastic work Paul

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

That's some modeling skill there I can't do figures to save my life.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow I wish I could could paint figures like that it's very good :smiling3:

P

Paul P

Hi all many thanks for the great comments, Painting figures is just like any other part of the hobby, practice, practice, practice, if someone asked me to build a tank or a plane it would turn out pants :oops:

So moving onto the strides, base coated and then i had a go at the braiding, pretty tricky on this and i had to source some different colours to make the NMM work, not a bad effort for the first run at it but still some refining to do

all for now

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Si courage my man, wheres yer stiff upper lip ? Mines normally above me loose flabby jaw :confused: get it started, you know you want to;)Joe :sad:
But...I daren't...

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
OH yes you dare, or im coming down there :smiling3:
NO! Don't make me!

I have a project on at the moment and now the mancave is sorted will get him out and make a mess.

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
those are some very impressive trousers! As is the rest him.

Ian M

P

Paul P

Cheers guys, its a pleasure to have you all along

update pics, the uniforms gone darker, the original blue was toooooooo light so ive darkened it down a lot, added a bit more to the braiding and generally tidied it up

plenty more to do thanks for looking

Paul

P

Polux

I can't believe these colour are acrylic, have a very nice shine, looks like oil :eek:

Perfect paint work Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I bet that paint is as flat as a soot. >Very well painted high lights are whats making it look shiny.

Ian M

P

Paul P

Cheers Polux and as Ian has said the finish is flatter than something thats really..er flat :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Unbelievable but this just keeps getting better and better.

Ian M

P

Paul P

Many thanks Ian and Joe

I thought this might be helpful to some, ill do a small SBS on the NMM gold to give you some idea on how its done, to be honest its not that difficult once you have the right colours and just practice. Just remeber that gold isnt yellow it just looks that way, its normally made up of various shades of brown and sandy colours.

for the base i always use black, this is because you can leave a fine black edging that make the gold pop

Ok so the first colour i use is brown, in this case Mocha brown as its got a bit of red in it

once that has dried my next colour is a Citadel colour called Tallarn sand, because i want to try and keep the black cross lines of the braiding these next colours will be mostly dry brushed on, and i just brush from top to bottom as the light is from the top so i want the lightest part at the top where it would be reflected

This has had about 3 runs of dry brushing and then i went over the edges with the same colour

Next colour is a Citadel paint called Zamesi dessert, and for this i again dry brushed it just on the tops of the detailing

you can see that the contrasting between the colours is starting to come out

next stage is a yellow called Golden sun and again just at the tops of the detailing and used quite sparingly

And now finally to make it pop white, this is done in 2 stages, first with the paint quite milky and again just at the points where the light would reflect of the braiding and then when thats dry with the paint a bit thicker and just dot the extreme highlights

Im sure you will agree its a very effective way of painting gold and with a bit of practice not to difficult

Paul