LRDG/SAS Resupply field maintenance area.

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Guys,
This is a continuation of a Group Build, (desert) project I was involved in over at MM. The idea was that 3 yes 3 Chevvies at an oasis doing a resupply and field maintenance, with the arrival of to SAS Jeeps. A dio with ruins, a well few trees.
Eduard, Resicast, Black Dog detail sets. Figures from Dragon, New World Miniatures, MB,and Resicast....... More loads to obtain for the trucks.

20180420_145143.jpg

20180424_175609.jpg

Builds to date. The centre truck was started in 2010 but ill health and three major operations put a halt to my modelling for about 3 years......... The Breda 20mm came with one of the Chevvies.

I'm using a mixture of the Eduard and resicast detail sets just to add interest as non of these trucks were exactly the same. Have some scratch building to do regard the truck with the Breda mounted in the rear.

Cheers Mike

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mike looks like a interesting project will keep a eye on your progress, you have certainly got a lot of work a head of you good luck with the test of the build.
Pete exMM

P

Polux

Nice stuff you have there!!!
That will be interesting to follow....:thinking:
:tongue-out3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
You have set yourself quite a task. A nice idea and lots of interesting stuff to work with.
Jim

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your comments. All the kits, figures etc I've collected over the years. The ''Desert GB from MM'' gave me the opportunity to put the start of the project into practice. It'll take a while, but now semi-retired, health issues out of the way.........more time on my hands and the b....y rain stops I can get my garage/man cave finished so I can move into my new ''modelling studio''....:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:, man cave sounds better.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: