LUT 1/96

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Eddiesolo

Nice idea haven't thought of that the actual lights used were large industrial 500 watt or more lamps housed in 3' diameter cone shaped housings on this scale the will be about 5mm across and 3 mm deep there are 6 to each arm assembly and they hung across the centre section of the arm so there going to be real pigs to model still trying to figure out what to use but fibre optics might work will have to investigate further on that here is a drawing I made of the sort of structure required

Regards

Colin

View attachment 119012

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
2mm lighthouse Led's maybe okay but having looked at them although they are round the have a square bit at the bottom. 3mm Led's is about the smallest you could do unless you go the fibre optic route.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Eddiesolo

Here's what I've come up with for modelling the lights on the arms quite unusual I think you'll agree the bulb is a piece of clear plastic sprue there not quite the right shape but not far off and almost to scale and besides I can make as many as I need as I have to take wafarin daily so I have hundreds of empty pill strips

Regards

Colin

View attachment 119071

View attachment 119072

View attachment 119073

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dougie

that's a smart idea and eco friendly haha, nice job mate. The rest is looking good too