M1075 Pls

First Name
Charles
This is my version of the M1075 PLS vehicle. It is 1/35 scale and about 95% scratchbuilt. It took about 2 weeks to build. I started off with the Italeri Hemtt M977 truck and modified the chassis heavily. I considered this to be my best work although there is another model I like best; I chose this because it was basically scratchbuilt.

View attachment 14557

View attachment 14558

View attachment 14559

View attachment 14560

View attachment 14561

View attachment 14562

View attachment 14563

View attachment 14564

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo03.jpg

photo04.jpg

photo05.jpg

photo07.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely stunning. I love vehicles that have been weathered with a real appreciattion for reality.

Things like the deisel stain down the diesel tank show just how well you know your subject and how you can bring it to life.

I really enjoyed looking at that thank you.

First Name
Charles
Absolutely stunning. I love vehicles that have been weathered with a real appreciattion for reality.Things like the deisel stain down the diesel tank show just how well you know your subject and how you can bring it to life.

I really enjoyed looking at that thank you.
Thanks alot for the comment. :smiling3: I try to copy whatever vehicle as much as possible.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Charles,the model is a real credit to your building skills,you obviously know your subject matter,it shows in the photographs.

M

Mike Emilio

I must say, the weathering and fuel staining effects and such are simply outstanding! Just superb workmanship!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Absolutely brilliant, very well done, like Richard said it's the attention to detail that makes all the difference

A

aaron.m.pacheco

I'm a driver

I love this model. I'm in Iraq right now and i am a driver of these great vehicles. Was wodnering what time frame you were going for when you added the armor? I lov ethe attention to detail.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
I love this model. I'm in Iraq right now and i am a driver of these great vehicles. Was wodnering what time frame you were going for when you added the armor? I lov ethe attention to detail.
Wow!!! This is really way overdue...sorry! But better later than never. ;)

I just duplicated what I saw in some pics, so time frame, I cannot say for sure, just what I saw. Thanks for the kind words.

D

dbcooper

Good Job

\ said:
This is my version of the M1075 PLS vehicle. It is 1/35 scale and about 95% scratchbuilt. It took about 2 weeks to build. I started off with the Italeri Hemtt M977 truck and modified the chassis heavily. I considered this to be my best work although there is another model I like best; I chose this because it was basically scratchbuilt.
You made it look like a beat up, thrown together POS. Thats exactly what they are over here in Iraq. Yours is the only one Ive seen that looks remotely realistic.

Any experience with them? My unit has the unfortunate task of driving them.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
You made it look like a beat up, thrown together POS. Thats exactly what they are over here in Iraq. Yours is the only one Ive seen that looks remotely realistic.Any experience with them? My unit has the unfortunate task of driving them.
Very old post but regardless, here is a reply. I have no experience with any military vehicles. I just build them. Thanks for the comment and sorry for the very late reply.

A

AJay

I can see why you like this best, it's totally stunning work!

First Name
Charles
Thanks. This is a really old thread. :smiling3: A pity the model was taken apart 4 years after this thread was made.