M2A1

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The guys have said it all Paul. Stunning work. I am glad you went the extra mile:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The guys have said it all Paul. Stunning work. I am glad you went the extra mile:thumb2:

Steve,
Thanks mate, Having looked at the pictures and the build again I am going to re do the shutters the balsa is far to thick, and there are a few other things I will look at again.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie

Just caught up the half track looks brilliant. The building is awesome are you going to do cobblestones on tje base.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie

Just caught up the half track looks brilliant. The building is awesome are you going to do cobblestones on tje base.

Marty
Thanks Martyn,
Good to see you, thanks glad you like it. The plan was to just have a dirt base but I think your right cobbles would look beter. I am open to suggestions

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Neo,

Thanks fella I will be giving this a few tweaks as not happy with it at the moment.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just as you thought it was safe to come on here, I'm back. Work progresses on the base. I have redone the shutters from plastic card instead of balsa as they were far to thick. I scribed in the planks then using the teeth of a fine saw I scratched in the grain. Next the furniture was added to the shutters and everything was blocked in with yellow. when everything is dry I will add some more details. The walls received a wash to give it that lived in look. Again when dry some more details will be added. As you can see it is only pinned together at the moment.
Any comments or criticisms will be greatly received.

DSCF1527.JPGDSCF1528.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Interesting base Scottie, looks good. Looking foreward to the next steps.
Kind regards,

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just a little bit more, the outhouse doors have been added made from coffee stirrers plastic strip for the hinges and pewter bolt heads. next a small bit of chain and a scratched padlock. then a wall anchor (not sure if that is the correct term) was scratched and added. lots left to do.
Thanks for looking.

DSCF1529.JPGDSCF1530.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That does look very good indeed. Love the outhouse doors.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,
You look to be in your element when it comes to creating buildings from nothing!
Brilliant work :thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Dio gets better and better Scottie, love the small details like the chains on the doors.:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie,
You look to be in your element when it comes to creating buildings from nothing!
Brilliant work :thumb2:
Si, Thanks mate I try to get something that doesn't look to bad, but it is never as good as in my mind's eye.