Major General Sir Charles Napier KCB 1843

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

I thought I would show another of my figures.

This is a Grenadier Miniatures 120mm kit.

Painted with oils over acrylics.

All the best.

Ralph.

DSCF1600.JPG

DSCF1605.JPG

DSCF1606.JPG

DSCF1611.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Great work Ralph I'll never tire of looking at your work
Thanks so much for the kind words Ian:smiling3:.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of painting models.

F

Fenlander

I know a lot of the character of these figures is down to the sculpting and artistry of the designer but I also know, from experience, that all that can be lost when splashed with paint by even talented artists. What I like about Ralph's figures is that the character is not only kept from the sculptors talent but is actually added to by the colour choice and subtle shading that he achieves. Makes it look so easy but it really isn't.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
another stunning figure Ralph,,the use of color is just so good,

the blending and tones, down to the base,always a pleasure to see your work, ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I know a lot of the character of these figures is down to the sculpting and artistry of the designer but I also know, from experience, that all that can be lost when splashed with paint by even talented artists. What I like about Ralph's figures is that the character is not only kept from the sculptors talent but is actually added to by the colour choice and subtle shading that he achieves. Makes it look so easy but it really isn't.
very well stated Graham,and I do agree with you,a badly sculpted figure is a night mare to try and paint,but your friend hear,dose seam to make it look easy, :D

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
:D :D

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
another stunning figure Ralph,,the use of color is just so good,
the blending and tones, down to the base,always a pleasure to see your work, ;)
Thanks as always for the kind words Monica:smiling3:.