Masking sheet...

J

John Rixon

Does anyone know where I could source some "Kabuki" masking tape / Sheet - the stuff Eduard use for their canopy masking sets? Its beyond amazing, and flexible too!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Does anyone know where I could source some "Kabuki" masking tape / Sheet - the stuff Eduard use for their canopy masking sets? Its beyond amazing, and flexible too!
Im pretty sure Tamiya tape is pretty much the same stuff. They also make a really wide version of it.

J

John Rixon

Nah, its deffo thicker, which is why I love the other stuff, I hust used the excess off on old mask set to mask my new P47d canopy, and its so, so good, I can't find anything so far on tinternet though...

M

m1ks

I don't know about that but I have seen some youtube videos where 1:1 scale custom vehicle sprayers and detailers use a masking sheet called Frisket, perhaps that would be similar?

J

John Rixon

I don't know about that but I have seen some youtube videos where 1:1 scale custom vehicle sprayers and detailers use a masking sheet called Frisket, perhaps that would be similar?
Frisket is a slightly different think, made, primarily for masking illustrations etc on a flat surface, used to use it a lot on technical illustrations, back in the day when bacon was 6d a loaf and it was all fields!!;). thanks for the input though :smiling3:

M

m1ks

Shame, thought it might be the same thing.
I yearn for 6d bacon loaves, them were t'days.