Master box 1/35 late war infantry

J

Jens Andrée

Wow! You've really nailed the camo painting on your figures!
This I've seen on all your figures lately and it really shows that you've spent a lot of time building skill and experience! :smiling3:
What's the process? Primer, base colour, lightest to darkest colour?

My oldest son wanted to make a camo cape for art & crafts in school instead of the usual boring things they have to sew and he wanted a specific German WWII camo pattern...
Luckily I found a replica fabric someone had made for a movie and they had some surplus left so we bought all they had. I've got a few patches left after his project that I've studied and I'm going to use it for reference, but damn it's tricky to paint such fine details in the pattern...

It looks really great on the base so well done to yet another sweet vignette!

J

Jack10

Wow! You've really nailed the camo painting on your figures!
This I've seen on all your figures lately and it really shows that you've spent a lot of time building skill and experience! :smiling3:
What's the process? Primer, base colour, lightest to darkest colour?

My oldest son wanted to make a camo cape for art & crafts in school instead of the usual boring things they have to sew and he wanted a specific German WWII camo pattern...
Luckily I found a replica fabric someone had made for a movie and they had some surplus left so we bought all they had. I've got a few patches left after his project that I've studied and I'm going to use it for reference, but damn it's tricky to paint such fine details in the pattern...

It looks really great on the base so well done to yet another sweet vignette!
For this figure I primed, did the face, base colour of the smock (Vallejo german camo beige and Russian uniform mixed 2:1) thengave it a wash with citadel agrex earth shade, then highlighted, then added the brown camo (Vallejo german camoflage medium brown) then followed that with the green (Vallejo panzer aces german tank crew 1) then did all the straps/equipment and have it all a very light wash again with the earth shade to dirty it up a bit.

Next up I think I'm going to try do the autumn ss camo pattern as I haven't tried that on any of my figures yet. Not sure which browns and oranges to use yet though trying to find a good colour match.

Nice find for your sons prioject I'm sure you'll do him proud :smiling3: