Meet Pauline.....

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I recommend not trying to post a thread using an iPad. This new website just cannot cope with it, not even with my nice big iPad Pro.... I had something of a nightmare trying to do it, editing is near impossible it just does not format properly on the screen.

J

John Rixon

She's a beaut, and no mistake! Perfectly weathered, as ever, and that's quite a collection you have now!

J

John Rixon

...and yes, I struggle with my iPad too, I usually wait now, till I can get on my desktop.

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic work, Barry. The fact you can get so close in the first photo says it all.

F

Fenlander

Not an aircraft person but I have to admire the skill that has gone into this build. Beautifully built and painted and what an amazing scheme. Stunning build Barry:thumb2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well hello Pauline, very nice she is too. And who thought low viz markings were a new development ? Good heavens I've just realised, she's got no top on !

J

Jens Andrée

Nicely done!!! :smiling3:

The problem with iPad and the forum isn't the forum... As a developer I hate trying to make stupid workarounds just because Apple refuses to follow the agreed standard and the last couple of years I've refused to break the standard just for one platform. It's better to have it fail so Apple fanboys can report back that their new toys aren't working properly hoping Apple will make the effort one day to sort out their own software! ;)
Also if you're using a 4K or a "retina" screen you have to be prepared for weird looking things unless you upscale yourself. The web standard is 1080 width, not 4096.

But your spitfire is hot in more than one way!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
She is a beauty Barry and the Spitfires great too :smiling4:.
Great work all round, and a very nice collection too.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well she turned out very nice indeed. Great work Barry.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very Nice Barry, you're the best advert for those paints!
Just one question though - why no smoke stains around the cannon?

Pete

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Pete. First of all this is depicted in peacetime January 1946. I had a bit of a debate with myself whether to have any staining at all. I decided to show some light staining in the end in the basis that some training ammo could have been fired by the machine guns. Secondly pictures don’t always show staining around the cannon, so not having staining there was a compromise.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One cracking addition to an already excellent brace of Spitfires.

Top work, Barry!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Pete. First of all this is depicted in peacetime January 1946. I had a bit of a debate with myself whether to have any staining at all. I decided to show some light staining in the end in the basis that some training ammo could have been fired by the machine guns. Secondly pictures don’t always show staining around the cannon, so not having staining there was a compromise.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm new to this weathering business.

Pete

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another wonderful Tamiya Spitfire for your collection Barry. Enjoyed the build thread too, cheers

B

BigZimmo

Pauline is a beauty, Barry.........another cracker from your workbench........!!!!!:smiling::thumb2:

B

Builder

Excellent finish as always Barry. Weathering and shading are spot on. Superb work on the camo as well.