Meng's Cartoon Tiger I.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Guy
Looking great is this. Love the ultramarine and burnt umber wash, looks so much more natural than my usual burnt umber and ivory black, so I’m going to steal that if I may....
Cheers
Tim

A

Armorguy

Tim, steal away my friend !
Ian, they're dead easy and effective.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Guy

The washes have turned out really well. Looking forward to the next update. Have Meng entertained the possibility of stumpy figures yet for all these AFV's??

Steve

A

Armorguy

I don't know if they think of making the figures too but it could be a hole in the market I think. I'd like to complete it with a big headed commander in the turret. I might try to sculpt one but I'm not great at doing that.

A

Armorguy

The lower hull was given a mud slapping consisting of pigments, acrylic resin and a bit of plaster. I made damp earth effects with Tamiya Gloss Clear. Unfortunately nothing can be seen of it as the wheels were put back on.
Next time I'll focus on the detail paintwork.

20180618_090138.jpg

Best regards ! AG.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great stuff Guy. It's like a scene out of Fury with the Sherman trying to get behind the Tiger to take a shot at it's rear:smiling5:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Guy, for fun little builds they turn out great. Looking forward to seeing them both in the completed section.

A

Armorguy

Thank you Ian.

I've applied another wash, AK Wash for DAK vehicles, which is a bit greenish. I've added a toothpicktip of burnt umber oil paint to it.
It was brushed onto the lower sides of the turret and the hull and carefully faded. I believe it adds interest to the uniform dark yellow of the Tiger. Much more to be done the coming days.

12.jpg11.jpg

Best regards ! AG.