Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a Revell 1/48

J

JJ Models

Hello friends
Being the first jet fighter jet in the world to enter service, my duty had to be to have it in my collection. Although it was late his introduction in service could have recovered the air supremacy for the Luftwaffe in the Second World War. The model is from the Revell brand at 1/48 scale.

Greetings and I hope you like mates

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice build. It's an aircraft that's only just caught my eye, and I'm liking it more and more.

J

Jens Andrée

As a sucker for the "What if" scenario and the engineering marvels they produced in the late WWII the Me 262 A and the Horten Ho 229 are my absolute favourites because they would've changed the situation if they'd been available!
I'm just "another German tank guy" but I'm currently building a Horten Ho 229 and I'm planning to buy a Trumpeter Me 262 A in 1/32 scale soon because they are awesome looking and fit right in amongst my weird and fictional tanks!

The Horten Ho 229 I'm building is going to sit next to my Haunebu II ;)

J

JJ Models

Thank you very much for your comments friends.
The Me 262 of Trumpeter has to be very beautiful, it is a brand that details its models. The Horten Ho 229 is also a very spectacular aircraft, what brand are you building? What scale is it?

A greeting fellow

J

Jens Andrée

Thank you very much for your comments friends.
The Me 262 of Trumpeter has to be very beautiful, it is a brand that details its models. The Horten Ho 229 is also a very spectacular aircraft, what brand are you building? What scale is it?

A greeting fellow
I've just built a cheapo 1/72 scale Revell Horten Ho 229, or Horten "Go" as they for some reason called it...?

I just wanted to build one that would sit nicely next to my Haunebu II on a small diorama, but when I get used to building airplanes too I really want to build a bigger one!
The Zoukei-Mura 1:32 Horten Ho looks fantastic but it looks like a kit where you have to lock yourself in a room, without being disturbed, and no coffee for several days so you can assemble just the frame...
It's such a shame the Americans just let it rot in storage until it was beyond restoration :sad:

I think the Germans were as innovative in air as they were on ground but a lot less people know about their prototypes and ideas sadly.
The Me 262 is the father of all jet fighters for sure and it could've really changed the outcome if it had been available in time!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They probably called it the Horten 'Go' after the Gothaer Waggonfabrik to which the project was transferred from Horten in mid 1944 (from memory). It's a strange and incorrect way to use the nomenclature!
Cheers
Steve

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I've just built a cheapo 1/72 scale Revell Horten Ho 229, or Horten "Go" as they for some reason called it...?

I just wanted to build one that would sit nicely next to my Haunebu II on a small diorama, but when I get used to building airplanes too I really want to build a bigger one!
The Zoukei-Mura 1:32 Horten Ho looks fantastic but it looks like a kit where you have to lock yourself in a room, without being disturbed, and no coffee for several days so you can assemble just the frame...
It's such a shame the Americans just let it rot in storage until it was beyond restoration :sad:

I think the Germans were as innovative in air as they were on ground but a lot less people know about their prototypes and ideas sadly.
The Me 262 is the father of all jet fighters for sure and it could've really changed the outcome if it had been available in time!
The Zoukei MUra kits are certainly worth it, a substantial investment! Trust me.... I just bought the He 219 in 1/32 from them...

J

JJ Models

Hello friend, I think you're right about everything. The Zoukei-Mura 1:32 Horten Ho is beautiful but it has to be a very delicate and meticulous work, surely with a little patience you make it wonderful. Wars in addition to their negative data have always diverted a lot of money to develop and invent new technologies. The Germans already told accounts in the two world wars of what they were capable of. Between the V2 missile and the Me262 could have put many possibilities to win the war. Regards my friend