Micro work

First Name
Andrew
Brilliant work. I'm a bit surprised to learn some shells were fired 4 miles back from the front line. You wouldn't want one of those landing short.
Colin,
If you look at the drawing you'll see that they didn't target front lines with heavy artillery that far back for exactly that reason. Heavy artillery usually targeted things further back like railway junctions or known strong points.
Andy

First Name
Andrew
Thanks Steve,
Darren told me that someone was asking after me and was telling him that I own Tommy's War and sculpt all the figures!! He was very insistent when Darren tried to tell him the truth?
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
It was just a misunderstanding. I wanted to know how things had gone for him at the show and didnt realise that you had done the sculpting but had no connection with the retail side. A very nice but very busy man. Did he have a successful show??

First Name
Andrew
It was just a misunderstanding. I wanted to know how things had gone for him at the show and didnt realise that you had done the sculpting but had no connection with the retail side. A very nice but very busy man. Did he have a successful show??
Hi Steve,
Darren is a good guy and even pleasant to work for. I’m not sure how he did at the show but he usually does ok.
Selling figures, etc. Is not big business and most companies struggle to make much profit. I’m happy to make the occasional base but wouldn’t want to try running a business like that. They have the added problem of recasters, who pinch their work and sell on EBay. None of us should ever support these thieves by buying cheap recasts on EBay. It destroys the small profit that the companies make.
I hope you enjoyed the show. Euro In Folkestone is usually the only one I manage to get to.
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve,
Darren is a good guy and even pleasant to work for. I’m not sure how he did at the show but he usually does ok.
Selling figures, etc. Is not big business and most companies struggle to make much profit. I’m happy to make the occasional base but wouldn’t want to try running a business like that. They have the added problem of recasters, who pinch their work and sell on EBay. None of us should ever support these thieves by buying cheap recasts on EBay. It destroys the small profit that the companies make.
I hope you enjoyed the show. Euro In Folkestone is usually the only one I manage to get to.
Andy
Its on my list of events to go to before I die so hopefully I will see you there sooner rather than later