Miniart 1/16 Musketeer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The strange thing is my wife is four years younger than me and when I talk to her about these programs she thinks I have come from a different planet as she has never heard of them
Excuse me Peter.
Steve what is strange about your wife being younger than you ! :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
I can remember Tiswas with Sally James :blow-kiss:
John.

:flushed:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
TISWAS was the only thing to get me out of bed on Saturday morning, especially when I had a hangover....

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Well, who could ever forget Sally James? Same situation with my wife, who is three years younger than I and can only remember the girly programmes -Bizzy Lizzy, Mary, Mungo and Midge etc.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
He reminds me of a character from the school holidays TV progs, The Flashing Blade if you remember it.

Morning Peter, what happened to that week?

I remember them all, Robinson Crusoe, White Horses, the Flashing Blade, the long hot school summer holidays of the 60's and early 70's.

Great figure and a really positive finish with a difficult figure.

Well done Peter

regards

Steve H

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
If I recall I would watch White Horses, Champion the Wonder Horse, Casey Jones and Robinson Crusoe all on a Saturday morning along with Flashing Blade:smiling3::smiling5:
Are you 50, the same as me. I remember those B and W classics, probably in the same order as well.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Forgot to add to the above. Yes, great figure. Can I ask, what do you use for a matt coat. It's the mattes matt I think I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Cheers, glad you like him. Been a nostalgia trip as well.

Colin - I'm 57, so my era for childhood TV was roughly 1963-1973. The matt varnish I use is Daler Rowney Soluble Acrlic Matt Varnish - the only brushable one that I can make work for me.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hey, I'm 57 as well. Can only identify with Casey Jones...perhaps the only one we could get on TV then. We had more American TV family or comedy series.

BTW great finish on the figure Peter. The Daler Rowney varnish can be quite expensive here.

Cheers,
Richard

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
1961 was a very good year!

I remember Casey Jones, as well as Champion the Wonder Horse, White Horses (great theme tune), Robinson Crusoe (another good theme tune) and the Singing Ringing Tree but not the Flashing Blade. I never saw Tiswas - for some reason it was never transmitted by Channel TV. A couple of years ago I got hold of acopy of The Singing Ringing Tree - it is still as wierd as I remember it.

Nice finish on the figure, but his cloths do look a little tight.

Peter

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
1961 was not as good a year as 1960 LOL......

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
1961 was not as good a year as 1960 LOL......

Me too LOL

Don't forget all the other tales from Europe too, an odd mix of Scandinavian and Eastern European TV kiddies programmes.

Memory Lane, always sunny

Steve H

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Memory Lane, always sunny
Is that because, as youngsters, we always focused on the good stuff and ignored the not so good ? Strange how things change when we get older.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Did someone mention tight clothes? Sort of reminds me of Mr. Humphries ( "Master of the Snug Fit") on " Are You Being Served"? By the way, great result on the figure.
Cheers Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter, and all.
The tow cable thread is mad enough, and I notice several members on here as well. Hi Tim and Rick.:nerd::smiling2:
You lot make me feel old, mere youngsters all of you .:smiling4: At 70 1\2 I can remember when the roads were nearly empty ! Still have a pair of flairs and a tight fitting Saturday Night Fever shirt.! Oh those were the days.
Peter , stunning as always..

Peace brothers.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your far too modest John. I heard William the Conqueror was a close friend of yours!:smiling5:

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your far too modest John. I heard William the Conqueror was a close friend of yours!:smiling5:
Morning Steve...... Nothing like a good start to the day, yes William or Wills as we called him , good mate .
JR

Kelly McFadden

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kelly
I've never built and painted any figures that large. But for all the challenges you've faced the looks amazing.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hey, you lot. I'm trying to bury this thread and this rotten figure!

What a great nostalgia trip though. Steve H is right - I too remember that there were quite a few eastern European fairy stories broadcast during the sixties. They all kept their original soundtracks in the background, but had an English narration over the top.

The 'Desert Crusader' series was originally broadcast in French as 'Thibaud ou les Croisades':

51+93rqZXWL._SY355_.jpg

It had a cracking theme tune. Not sure how PC it was by today's standards - the Saracens were definitely the baddies, though I think treated with dignity. Either way, it sent me straight to my box of soldiers to haul out my Timpo figures.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t remember watching the Desert Crusader? From what I found when refreshing my memory about the Flashing Blade (that started all this), it was basically described as the Flashing Blade with sand....made by the same people....