Mitsubishi A6M5-c Hasegawa 1/32

A

ajcmac

I decided to stop with 1/48 models and build 1/32 models only. I'll try to finish the two models I had on the 1/48 scale but the will is not much.

The model I'm going to start is a Hasegawa model on the 1/32 scale. It is an A6M5-c Zero (ST34-New Tool) that I really like.

A6M5 001.JPGA6M5 002.JPGA6M5 003.JPGA6M5 004.JPG

Regards

ajcmac

J

John Rixon

Yup, I'll be watching this like a hawk. I've never built a Hasegawa kit yet, but I share your sentiments about 1/32, having started my first one! It's a great scale to work with, however, storage/display are gonna be a bit of a ball-ache!

A

ajcmac

It looks a very nice kit Antonio, looking forward to the build thread.

Be interesting to see this one and how it compares to the Tamiya one.

Yup, I'll be watching this like a hawk. I've never built a Hasegawa kit yet, but I share your sentiments about 1/32, having started my first one! It's a great scale to work with, however, storage/display are gonna be a bit of a ball-ache!
Thanks for following and for the comments. :smiling3:.

The kit is very good, has perfect fittings and is well detailed.

This is my second model of the A6M5-C in the 1/32 scale. The first one is almost ready (just missing the doors of the landing gear and the landing gear).

This will be like the first. OOB only with the addition of Eduard's seatbelts. I'm trying to get a new decal sheet which is not easy.

For now the interiors are ready to start painting with the Tamiya XF-71.

A6M5 005.JPG

A6M5 006.JPG

A6M5 007.JPG

Regards

ajcmac

J

John Rixon

wow, just seen it's £35 on Hannants, that looks like a bargain!

J

John Rixon

...as for the decals, being as how the markings are so simple, have you thought about a montex insignia mask set?

A

ajcmac

wow, just seen it's £35 on Hannants, that looks like a bargain!

And cheaper than I paid for mine.

...as for the decals, being as how the markings are so simple, have you thought about a montex insignia mask set?

The Montex decals are all for the Tamiya model in that the wings are slightly different and only have two machine guns on the wings. Hasegawa's model has four.

To get an idea of the Hasegawa model.

A6M5 104.JPG

A6M5 107.JPG

Regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

And after all, I started painting the interiors. I used Tamiya's XF-71.

A6M5 008.JPG

A6M5 009.JPG

A6M5 010.JPG

I glued the parts of the engine cover.

A6M5 011.JPG

A6M5 012.JPG

Regards

ajcmac

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great so far Antonio. Looks a nice kit, and reasonably priced.