Model Paint 42 App

First Name
Kelly
Hey painters.

I wanted a way to keep track of my model paints on my phone. That way when I'm at the shop I can remember what colors I already own.

The best one I could find in the App Store is called Model Paint 42.

Its pretty cool. I primarily use Vallejo paints and it lists them all as far as I can tell. I've added them to custom lists for Model Air Color and Model Color. A couple of the names are different than whats on my labels, but the numbers are the same. And you can add notes.

They have paint lists for lots of brands. Its inexpensive and worth checking out.

I have no ties to the developers so this isn't an advertisement. Just wanted to mention it if its something you have been looking for.

Thanks!

First Name
Tim
Hi Kelly
I use a different approach....I usually know what I’m after so use the “notes” app and write it down first...but then I already have far too many paints LOL.....I certainly don’t rely on memory, too old for that :thumb2:
A similar app for listing my record collection would be wonderful though....I have over 1500 and do buy the occasional dupe....I usually pass that off as “needing a better copy” :flushed:
Cheers
Tim

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
A similar app for listing my record collection would be wonderful though....
I use
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
for that (well, in my case it mainly holds my collection of games, and I should really put all my other books into it as well and update my CDs, but that’s so much effort :smiling3:), but unfortunately it doesn’t have an iOS counterpart. The only solution I found was to export the collection to a spreadsheet and import that into
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

For music it’s a lot simpler: everything’s in iTunes and therefore synched to my iPod, so I can very easily check if I already own an album or not if I’m not sure.

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
I use Model Paint 42 app as well.I primarily use it for finding alternatives.Never thought of listing my paints on it

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
I just keep a note book, so I must be even older than Old School ..:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
Kelly thanks for posting that, I shall have a look, it might take me into the modern world .
John.

First Name
Kelly
Hey Tim. I used to use the Notes on my phone too. But typing the names it was kind of a drag. The Model Paint App lists all the paints that I own. So I just select them and add them to a custom list. Like Dave said, it give you other brand alternatives for the colors. I haven't really tried that, but I should.
Cheers!