Mossiepilots Red arrows Harrier

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just an initial post to get the barrel rolling - joke sort of :muha:

Anyway here's the obligatory box shots -View attachment 50453 This will be the kit I'll be making, a Harrier GR7A, which will be suitably de-weaponed, can't go round shooting up the crowds

.View attachment 50454 and I be culling the decals from this Gnat, my freehand painting not being too good, well not for this anyway.

View attachment 50452 and here is the sprue shot, sorry it's not too good but my assistant kept getting in the way !!!

Hopefully I'll be starting this in a couple of weeks as I've got some stuff on the bench already and wanting to start this will give me the kick in the a**e I need to finish them.

Happy modelling guys.

Tony.

View attachment 53135

View attachment 53136

View attachment 53137

SIG Red Arrow 3.jpg

SIG Red Arrow 1.jpg

SIG Red Arrow 2.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Tony. That has got to be one tiny kitten!! What's it called? I don't know if its your first but if it is, be warned; cats love to chew on bits of plastic!!!

Look forward to seeing this come together.

Ian M

P

Polux

That's will be very interesting model!!! I love your idea!

It's NOT Ok!!! You have a master modeller helping you too....

Cheers

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Not my first but the first in a long time. Her names Misty, she blends in with the carpet and disappears, and shes 3 months old and loves to play, mostly when I am doing something really fiddley, or typing on the computer, like now.

Tony

C

CDW

A red arrows harrier ... sounds interesting.

will be watching this progress,

Not a cat person myself (the only cat i've had anything to do with adopted me for some reason years ago, big white chunky feral thing, looked like it could take on a couple of pit-bulls) we need more shots of misty through the build.. she's kinda cute.

T

tecdes

Both great aircraft Tony. Nice to build as they have good livery. Are you glossing up the Red Arrows ?

Few days time we will greet the arrows for the Battle of Britain in Jersey expo.

Like the kitten looks friendly. My youngest son came back home to live arriving with Honey the cat. So friendly she jumps up on my lap while working at the computer. My wife locks her in at night. Few nights ago she jumped out of the first floor bedroom window. The cat that is !

Laurie

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is going to look the business Tony, can't wait to see more.

Have fun, John

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Imagine the manouevers the Red Arrows could have pulled off if they had been using Harriers. A very clever idea Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks for the kind comments guys. The cockpit is on-going at the moment. I'll be posting some photos soon.

Tony.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nearly finished this, photos to follow. But a question, I have to paint the fin flash and the RAF blue I have seems a darker, almost gray, in comparison to the decal blue. I've done a trial on some scrap plastic and painted a small stripe next to the fin flash I'm using, just waiting for them to dry now.

Any advice please.

Tony.