Mountain Man

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
J

Jens Andrée

Wow!!!
First I thought it was a 1/35 scale figure and nearly binned all of my figures but then I saw it was 120mm figures and got some hope back...

You've really nailed it and it tells a great story without using any words!
The base, tree and plants also adds the perfect amount of detail to lift the figure even more so well done!
I hope he's hidden his stash well for the missus... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice one Ralph, the tonal contrast in the paintwork is lovely and so is the groundwork. Just a lovely piece.
Phil

D

Deleted member 4539

Wow!!!
First I thought it was a 1/35 scale figure and nearly binned all of my figures but then I sat it was 120mm figures and got some hope back...

You've really nailed it and it tells a great story without using any words!
The base, tree and plants also adds the perfect amount of detail to lift the figure even more so well done!
I hope he's hidden his stash well for the missus... :D
Thank you so much for the kind words Jens:smiling3:.
I'm glad you like the groundwork.
All the best.
Ralph.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Awesomely done as usual for you Ralph:cool:
Put him in camo and you would see me patiently and freezingly waiting for that majestic buck to amble by:rolleyes:

Jim:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

Awesomely done as usual for you Ralph:cool:
Put him in camo and you would see me patiently and freezingly waiting for that majestic buck to amble by:rolleyes:

Cheers for the nice comments Jim:smiling3:.
Do you do much hunting?.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Do you do much hunting?.
Do you do much hunting?.
I do as much hunting as I can but am getting a bit on in years for the long treks and prolonged exposure to the elements.
My boys do much of the meat getting nowadays and they are very good at it. Sometimes they will be gone for days at a time and with sketchy phone service in these mountains Mamma and their wives get the fits at times but they are very knowledgeable of how to survive in the woods.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Cheers John:smiling3:.
Nice one about the lion:eek:but I think he is more worried about his Mrs finding his stash of kits:rolleyes:.
All the best.
Ralph.
Are you sure it's his stash of kits he's hiding?

giphy.gif
:rolleyes::D

D

Deleted member 4539

I do as much hunting as I can but am getting a bit on in years for the long treks and prolonged exposure to the elements.
My boys do much of the meat getting nowadays and they are very good at it. Sometimes they will be gone for days at a time and with sketchy phone service in these mountains Mamma and their wives get the fits at times but they are very knowledgeable of how to survive in the woods.

Are you sure it's his stash of kits he's hiding?

giphy.gif
:rolleyes::D
Sounds like your sons had a great teacher and it is always great to pass down skills to the younger ones.
I myself took up target shooting this year with an air rifle(.177) and having practiced a fair bit I'm now getting 1 inch groupings at 25 yards.
The Happy Hunter it started with the glue but went onto other things:eek:
All the best to you.
Ralph
DSC_0038[26].JPG

J

Jens Andrée

Sounds like your sons had a great teacher and it is always great to pass down skills to the younger ones.
I myself took up target shooting this year with an air rifle(.177) and having practiced a fair bit I'm now getting 1 inch groupings at 25 yards.
The Happy Hunter it started with the glue but went onto other things:eek:
All the best to you.
Ralph
View attachment 290418
Being "out in the woods" is something I miss after my stint with the stairs and down into a wheelchair, but the plan is to make it back one day...
Here's me "plinking" 50cm steel targets at 1000m (~1094 yards) practising with a my rifle a few years ago. I also started with an air rifle ;) (and I still practise with one!)

sniper.jpg
I used to be a "mountain man" myself spending most of the autumn and winter out with the elements, now I hardly make it out to the garden.
A bit more modern mountain man though than the excellent model this thread is about!

D

Deleted member 4539

Being "out in the woods" is something I miss after my stint with the stairs and down into a wheelchair, but the plan is to make it back one day...
Here's me "plinking" 50cm steel targets at 1000m (~1094 yards) practising with a my rifle a few years ago. I also started with an air rifle ;) (and I still practise with one!)

View attachment 290424
I used to be a "mountain man" myself spending most of the autumn and winter out with the elements, now I hardly make it out to the garden.
A bit more modern mountain man though than the excellent model this thread is about!
It's all good fun Jens.
Before my illness took control I used to do a lot of solo mountain walking up to a week at a time,I used to love it.
I'll never be able to own anything more than an air rifle due to the medication I take.
My brother is coming up next year with his shotguns so that we can do some clay shooting on the local range and I'll be taking him fishing.
All the best to you.
Ralph.