SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Ooooh, something interesting happeining here......o_O:cool:
Looks like a bit of resto-mod action, ala "B#####ing Rides"!!:rolleyes:

Looking the business!!:cool:

P

PWick

Yes Gavin, I thought I'd put a WIP on the sites. Main body has a sparke spray to give a wet look. A side mounted surfboard, alloy sheets with rivets home decal as is the door but used mild steel so a bit rusty. Coffee sticks always come in handy, to make a shelf over the engine cover and extend that down the side for extra seating or a bed!
The cab front looks dodgy, plans not clear! I have seen a kit of this built with a centre hinge, but the door section looks to have pins in each side which means a drop down door, or do I make a single hinge at one side that just opens the whole front.
Looking at images of the real thing it shows a centre hinge, post set up, I wonder!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Wow!! I never seen one of this before!! Looks really interesting.
I'm in ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
interesting,Patrick,have never seen this thing before,
nice work so far,looking good,;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WHOA ! ive just had a fantastic flashback ! When i was a nipper my cousin had the Hot Wheels version of this complete with two surfboards on the rear deck , up till now i never knew what it was ,only that it was one of my my favourite Hot Wheels cars ( the other was my Plymouth Barracuda , metallic green ,opening bonnet ) .Looks like a fascinating conversion youre doing Patrick , ill be tagging along , cheers tony

P

PWick

WHOA ! ive just had a fantastic flashback ! When i was a nipper my cousin had the Hot Wheels version of this complete with two surfboards on the rear deck , up till now i never knew what it was ,only that it was one of my my favourite Hot Wheels cars ( the other was my Plymouth Barracuda , metallic green ,opening bonnet ) .Looks like a fascinating conversion youre doing Patrick , ill be tagging along , cheers tony
Thanks tony, more pics to come....about now!

S

Spree

This should be a real car. Chilling in the back on a warm day.... looks really cool.

P

PWick

More pics............Two pedals sourced from the spares box, not supplied with kit, waiting for the paint to dry............
27_zpssbdeceqd.jpg

Seat/ bed finished just two more coats of wood varnish to go on............ Flooring template inthere............
30_zpsdkwwlmvj.jpg

Diamond plate floor finished in chrome spray.............
32_zps3teyee95.jpg

More tomorrow hopefully!

P

Polux

What a lovely/strange vehicle.....:eek:
Nice work so far Patrick.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the wood looks good,,never beat using the real thing,stains up very nicely,;)

P

PWick

the wood looks good,,never beat using the real thing,stains up very nicely,;)
Thanks Monica, yes I'll put a second coat of varnish on the wood today and see what the finish is like.

P

PWick

Todays work, fit the pedals, fit and decorate the truck floor, and decorate the inside of the camper shell, needing sun glasses as will the guests!
17A_zpszq1mnvrq.jpg

34_zpsvqbew4bt.jpg

36_zpsfg8kh8xn.jpg

Just need a few more decal strips to finish.

S

Spree

It just gets better, looks proper groovy. Where did you get the 'steel' sheet floor?