MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
First Name
Si.
I used to be drummer, many, many years ago and I know the Right Honourable his Royal Ronness, is also a bin lid hitter.

When I became ill and my disability getting worse the drums went away and were finally sold.

I have missed playing music and knew that I have not the space or the physical stamina to play so I ended up getting a Bass guitar, this is to help with my depression and also to help in keeping my fingers working...it is painful and I can only do so much but I like having a go.

A few pics of me in my youth with the band...funnily enough, the bass player never turned up for the shoot.

And my bass.

Attachments

First Name
Tim
Hi Eddie
Nice story, I messed about with guitars when I was younger, like most kids. Had a second coming in my early forties and got to a reasonable standard as a lead player in a pub covers band. Had to give it up though as my daughter suffered with anorexia and I needed the time to help look after her. She’s better now, and I still have the kit, but have lost the mojo to get it all back out....
Perhaps we could get a scale-models beat combo together, sounds like the bass, drums and lead chairs are sorted, who can give us rhythm, keys and vocals?
Cheers
Tim

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
First Name
Si.
Hi Eddie
Nice story, I messed about with guitars when I was younger, like most kids. Had a second coming in my early forties and got to a reasonable standard as a lead player in a pub covers band. Had to give it up though as my daughter suffered with anorexia and I needed the time to help look after her. She’s better now, and I still have the kit, but have lost the mojo to get it all back out....
Perhaps we could get a scale-models beat combo together, sounds like the bass, drums and lead chairs are sorted, who can give us rhythm, keys and vocals?
Cheers
Tim
Family always comes first but, you still have the gear to get out and pluck a few chords if the fancy takes you. I held onto my kit as long as could, 9 piece Premier in gold, same kit as the one in the film Tommy, although had a twin bass pedal instead of two bass drums. I miss it, but do not regret selling it as I wanted someone else to enjoy it instead of it slowly rotting away.

I play the bass using my fingers, always struggled using a pick-like you when in my teens I wanted to play electric guitar...but was, well...crap :D

First Name
Jon
I play D G melodeon if that's any help?
Si.Have a quick look at the tag picture quiz.See if you recognise the guitar i posted.
Jon.

First Name
Tim
Melodeon eh Jon, we could go down a Zydeco or Pogues road then.....I also play Mandolin so that helps.
Glad you play fingerstyle Si, I think it sounds much better than pick playing for bass work. Gives you much more variety of tones to work with...and it loads easier when playing triplets....just use three fingers instead of two..
Cheers
Tim

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Ukulele fingerstyle player here, i have eight Hawiian hand build uke's all built with solid woods and not to be confused with banjo types but modelling takes more of a priority at the moment, oh and i own a Guild D25m acoustic with hard case the wife bought me in 1970 for £375 a lot of money in those days, the last offer i had for it was over two grand but i could not part with it.

Steve.

First Name
Tim
Hi Steve
Nice uke collection there, good acoustic as well. I have a Gibson LP, a Gibson 335, a Telecaster, an Ovation acoustic, a good hand built Mandolin, and a good frahlin Banjo that I never quite got to grips with.

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve
Nice uke collection there, good acoustic as well. I have a Gibson LP, a Gibson 335, a Telecaster, an Ovation acoustic, a good hand built Mandolin, and a good frahlin Banjo that I never quite got to grips with.
Tim you too have a super collection some real classics, i had forgot my Mandolins, 30 odd years ago i used to pick Bluegrass.

Thank you Tim and all the best Steve.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
First Name
Ron
Hi Si, sorry to read you've had to give up the drums. but I'm well happy you are playing the bass guitar. Top man!

I still thrash the bin lids - much to my wife's annoyance. Good job we have no neighbours!

Keep on trucking dude.....:thumb2:

Best wishes you commoner.

Your Royal Ronness

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
I've got a Rolf Harris Stylophone, but maybe I shouldn't admit that.

Pete Anonymous

First Name
Tim
All we need is a Scotsman, a Welshman and a cockney then....I think the nearest they got to the West Country was on the M5 driving through it....they did refuse to mime on ToTP though, so they still have kudos with me...