MV Agusta F4 'special parts'

M

m1ks

This is my model for the GB, it was a choice of two and this seemed the most popular.

It's an Italeri, 1/9th scale MV 'special parts', the latter referring to the special edition colour scheme and additional chrome, I won't be using this colour scheme though.

Initial impressions of the kit aren't good, it looked pretty good on a cursory inspection after purchasing but unpackaging it shows lots of seam lines, flash and sink marks to clean up, also some reshaping of the fork stanchions was required, for the size, i'm disappointed in the lack of detail and sharpness of some parts, (handlebar switch gear e.g.), but hopefully it will build up into a nice looking model.

Things like the drive chain, nicely moulded on the outward facing side, has nothing on the rearward side at all, parts of which are visible.

Maybe i'm spoiled by the quality of the Tamiya kits i've built, which are exceptionally good but unless theres a really hard to get model kit and Italeri are the only option, i won't be actively looking for a bike kit from them again in a hurry.

Chrome parts to be de-chromed, (some bits i'm leaving chromed, footpegs, exhaust end cans)

The smaller parts stripped easily, the wheels are still soaking in bleach with remnants of chrome remaining after 12 hours.

Tank and seat panel, and one of the sprues.

Engine assembled and test fitted to the trellis frame.

As above but with upper tank / seat unit fitted.

M

m1ks

Dry assembly / test fit of the parts so far.

Sub assemblies completed:

Engine

Exhaust

Frame

Fairing halves

swingarm

Still some seam line clean up to attend to but have to say it's looking a little better with a few bits fitted together.

Next step, primer and another surface check before prepping for top coats.

M

m1ks

Thanks guys, must admit it's building together to look much nicer than anticipated after seeing the sprues proper for the first time, so many mould lines and i'm sure i'll have missed some too.

Hopefully should get some primer on later today.

The super shiny chrome covering the wheels was a pig to shift, it was sitting in bleach almost 2 days, drained and replenished the bleach after 24 hours and I still had to scrape a few spots off!

First time i've found any that bleach didn't dissolve entirely.

First Name
Gregg
Just looks like an OCC build! Coming along just fine.

Gregg