My first tank build: Tamiya panther ausf a (old 70s kit)

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice progress Jack, those older kits can be a challenge. :smiling3:

J

Jack10

A tiny bit more work done on the camo and some of the details painted.

IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2889.JPG

A coat of gloss now then I'll crack on with the decals and weathering tomorrow

J

Jens Andrée

Blimey - not bad at all!!!
First I thought you'd pulled off a circle camo (whatever it's called) with just a brush - which I say is impossible!!!
Upon closer inspection it's a different scheme, but a really good one! Also looking realistic!

Add some wash, optional filter and some weathering and you're ready to place it in the diorama!!!
(although I'd wait with the weathering and do all of that at the same time in order to get the same "tone" throughout the complete diorama)

My Panther Aufs. A never got painted in the end because a few details bothered me too much, but one day when I'm bored and the "table of shame" is empty I will probably paint it - eventually ;)

Modern kits are much more detailed and accurate, and easier to build if you ask me, so if you enjoyed building this kit you're gonna love the rest of them!

J

Jack10

Cheers col:smiling3:

And thanks jens, I saw this awesome piece on Facebook and really liked it, wanted to try a similar camo scheme for mineIMG_2892.JPGIMG_2882.PNG

What is the circle camo I'm intrigued? I've put the decals on and am going to add a wash now :smiling3:

J

Jens Andrée

It's actually called disc camo now that I've slept a few hours... ;)

Something like this. (not mine)

p5030703_01.jpg

I love the vignette you've found and I think you did very well on your camo!

J

Jack10

It's actually called disc camo now that I've slept a few hours... ;)

Something like this. (not mine)

p5030703_01.jpg

I love the vignette you've found and I think you did very well on your camo!
Can't see the pic on here but just googled it, yes very similar pattern. I would of probably been quicker making a stencil for the camo but didn't think when I was doing it. Thanks for the kind words jens I was happy with how it turned out. Looking even better now I've put a wash on