new item id buy?

S

stuart.c.82

As I'm new I've not found my niche topic for builds, I started with a car of which I'm happy with my progress on (so far), so pleased in fact that I'm now wondering about my next one!

Now..... Someone mentioned an iron-man figure they've built... And this peaked my interest but the one I think they built costs a fortune (way over a hundred pounds)... far more than a novice like me should be tackling... are there any cheap (ish) alternatives (20-30 quid) that include a build as well as paint coz the ones that a google search brings up I can't tell if they're build/paint/both or just completed models to buy?

I'd defo be interested in buying...if such items are available???

P

PabsTheGeek

Damn! I wish I never read this! now my interest has piqued ..

But yeah expensive kits http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Action-Heros-Scale-Marvel/dp/B00C6R5TA6

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
look up the ones by Moebius.....they go for 15-20 quid on ebay

S

stuart.c.82

Just looked and I'm watching a few to see how they go bid wise.. is this the only manufacturer that does budget figures like this that you guys know of?

Sorry for the stupid questions... My searching abilitys are limited to Google as I'm not tech savvy!:oops:

First Name
Adrian
I've built 7 in the past few years and what normally happens is they release at a "reasonable" price but once there discontinued the shoot up like all "rare" kits.

Occasionally you'll get a bargain but most will go up in price with just a few hours to go.

Most Dragon Iron Man kits start out at £30-£40 on release but are much better than the Moebius one, though its a good place to start like I did :smiling3:

Adrian

S

stuart.c.82

I'd be ok with 30 quid.... You get what you pay for in my opinion. Will check out the dragon ones too. thanks.

S

stuart.c.82

Ok I'm bidding on a couple of fleebay items..... So don't any of you cheeky monkeys go out bidding me :P or I'll hunt you down! :mad:

If the shop here sold them I'd of course be buying direct tho, I'm not an advocate of these auction sites! Stay away from these evil sites if you have a soul! o_O

First Name
Adrian
eBay isn't that bad if you stick to looking for bargains, and there are lots of online shops out there with great offers on, if you stay in one place you'll miss out on some good offers like Airfix's clearance. Wonderland always seem to have something on sale and a very fast turn round as do Models4sale, also good for 2nd hand kits you might not get elsewhere :smiling3:

Just saying keep your options open :smiling3:

Adrian