Nice day for a walk.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well having gotten the Landing craft done in a lot less time than I thought it would take, I can thank the weather for that, I thought I would do another.

Again some thing simple but hopefully meaningful.

A patrol group of British Infantry. Nothing really happening but you need to have an image in your mind that they are the point group checking that the area is clear, before others come.

However there is a little bit of a twist but I'm staying quiet about that as I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Here is the box shot and the result of my efforts thus far.

Sorry forgot the sprue shot but I think you all know what that will look like ;)

Riffle slings are my usual paper and glue. The figures are primed and ready to get a bit of paint thrown at them. A small base is under-way.

Well as far as the base goes its actually the screw top off a coffee jar with some texture spread on the top to hide the raised brand name!!! Bit of paint for that tomorrow.

Ian M

View attachment 30382

View attachment 30383

View attachment 30384

View attachment 30385

View attachment 30386

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

They look very nice figures Ian, looking forward to this one.....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looks good Ian, it will be nice to see this develop.

John (Centurion 3RTR) did this set not long ago and had them walking along a ploughed field. Nice to see the Bren gunner is still looking hacked off from having to carry the weapon!

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like you won't have to wait to much longer....

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ah ha!

Dangling the proverbial carrot, eh!?

Don't get me too excited now Ian....

Ron

R

rogue-one

they do look like great figures. why is it british figures look so full faced and cheerfull and all others look serious with well chizzled faces? lol.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These are great figures Ian. I built them some time ago and they await a suitable dio.

You've cracking on with the kits build though! This is incredible 2 in the first month!!!

Cheers

P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
@Ron; well I always like a good suspense..Base Mk I went AWOL as it was a tad crowded. I found some old trophy bases in the shed so I am working one of those up.

Talking of sheds. This evening was the first time I have been over there since the snows came. The snow is now going and at the moment it is pi55ing down with rain. Also inside the shed!!!! Flat roofs and half a ton of wet snow are apparently not a good combo. I'm just hoping it dont get in the electrics!

@Bobby; The answer to that one is simple. a) they knew they would win, b) they are British, and c) they know its not to long until the the next tea break!

No in all seriousness I have no idea, but thinking about it, you are quite right, the few British figures you can get hold of these days, do tend to have an air of contentment about them.

@Paul; As most of europe we have had quite a bit of snow which is now in the process of thawing out. Cold wet slush in the day and freezing to ice over night! Add to that the warmer air coming in and its been quite foggy to. So not a lot can be done other than stay indoors and either watch TV, which is crap at the moment, or do something....I normally end up in the study building something or the other.

Well the figures are painted and I must say I am rather pleased with the way they have turned out. Much better than I had expected. Even the other half thinks they look good!

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then, the base is now painted and I have given the plinth a coat of Klear to bring out the grain in the stone...

If you are patient I hope to fix the figures to the base later tonight and then its just a simple touch up around the figures feet. Oh and take a few photos!

Ian M

Edit: There are a 'few' Photos in the completed section.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sky Raider

Sorry Ian, i missed this part, had i seen it i wouldnt have made such a stupid comment.

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Sorry Ian, i missed this part, had i seen it i wouldnt have made such a stupid comment. Andy
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself Andy. Anyone can mis-interpret a model! Ian has come up with a very subtle and clever take on his diorama which could easily be mistaken.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No Problem Andy. I didn't take any offence what so ever. I didn't even see it as a stupid comment, more as a Duh! or a Blond moment if you prefer!!

Nå!

My original Idea was to do the same thing but with soldiers from all nations, British, German, etc soldiers, sailors, airman, to represent all arms of the armed services from all nations. Sort of a tribute to all that gave their lives for what they thought was right or just because they where ordered to. However. Not really being a figure kind of guy, I have very little in the stash and there is also the problem of scale. 1/35 has holes in around airmen and Navy. 1/48 has still a limited choice of nations/forces.

I have now started a box into which I place all the unused figures I happen to have. One Day I might just find I have enough to do the original idea.

Well now that the surprise has been sprung, I might just tell you how I got the effect. If any one is interested that is...;)

Ian M