Now down by the seaside! - Academy M-47 Patton. Republic of Korea Marine Corps - Completed

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Of all the stand alone models I've made, this has given me the most satisfaction and a sense of achievement. It was a tough cookie for sure, but somehow, fun at the same time. I just hope that my grandson approves of the finished model, when I return it to him.
All freehand brush painted using Vallejo Model Colour acrylics and Humbrol Enamels.

O.O.B., except the cheap skates didn't include a search light lens, so I had to make one from some clear plastic. The search light cable and the two antennas are electric copper cable.

Except for the tracks, I've intentionally omitted the weathering, as I wanted the tank to look 'Pretty'. That might come later before I return the model.

I haven't tried to get the intricate pattern exact - such things are beyond me - but I've done my best to get it as close as I can.

Enough waffle....

Weird, wonderful - and rather jolly!

I hope you approve.

P1160719.JPG

P1160720.JPG

P1160721.JPG

P1160722.JPG

P1160723.JPG

P1160727.JPG

P1160729.JPG

P1160740.JPG

P1160741.JPG

P1160742.JPG

P1160743.JPG

P1160745.JPG

P1160747.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Cheers all,

Ron

First Name
colin
Excellent Ron still can't believe that you have hand painted the whole lot well done sir:smiling3:

D

dubster72

A very nice redition of an unusual subject Ron. Great work with the old hairy stick!

Clever scratch building of the searchlight cover & the cupola periscopes are nicely done.

I think it needs a wash to add depth & some light weathering - it is a tank after all, even one that is cosmically kaleidoscopic! :cool:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys, I'm glad you approve.

Patrick - Good pointers, but as I wrote in my opening text, I've left off the weathering. I have intentionally left it so, as I wanted the model to be in squeeky clean, factory fresh, mint condition to try and emphasise the wacky cammo to it's best. Any weathering (If any) will be done prior to it's inclusion in a dio (If he wants one)......It all depends on what my dear sweet Grandson wants, bless!

Thanks again chaps.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Nice one Ron. Don't think I would have attempted to airbrush that scheme. Top brushwork as usual.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great compliment Graham. I appreciate it.

I'm sure it could be done with an A.B., but gawd knows how! I'm sure I'll be put right, but I just can't see how the pattern could be masked successfully. I did try to mask the model, but gave up and brushed free hand.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Two Thumbs up and two big toes up, for good measure!!:eek::smiling3:;):cool::cool:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I've only seen these in black and pics and the colour pics are all US olive drab.
This is something spectacular and differant and all brush painted too!!!! That's a feat in itself
Really nice work ( love it

Regards

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb brushwork,Ron,real like the cleanness of this build,great work,real well done,:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's another cracker Ron! I see your point about leaving the paintwork all clean and factory fresh, but it does give it an unusual look when most armour kits we see are weathered to within an inch of their life!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent work Ron. I am in awe of your skills with a brush. Fantastic finish!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much folks for all your enthusiastic and very complimentary posts. I appreciate them all.

I'm chuffed you like the 'Different' cammo. pattern.

Dave, Patrick's suggestion is sound, but as I've built it for my Grandson (he gave it to me in the first place.) I feel obliged to leave it in it's factory fresh finish until he's seen it. He can then decide if he wants it weathered, put on a mini diorama, whatever........So squeeky clean is how it must stay - for now....;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice bright tank type thing there Ron. Any idea what theatre was this type of camouflage used in ?

B

Builder

Super job Ron. Your grandkid will love it. The camo came out so well. Overall excellent work mate.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Someone's needed to get up the bollocks to do a completely clean and factory fresh version of an AFV and of course it would be you Ron;)
Excellent work! I love it.............Jim:smiling3:

T

Trekkie_John

Well Ron, what can i say. It's a beauty matey.

Have fun, John