Now down by the seaside! - Academy M-47 Patton. Republic of Korea Marine Corps - Completed

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Eyup mucker tha's done a reyt paint job on thi tank! This must have taken some time and no small amount of skill , it looks brilliant ( although i must admit its making my eyes hurt!). I hope grandson likes it ( who wouldnt?) and im looking forward to seeing if it turns into a dio , cheers matey , tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks everyone for all your great comments.

My grandson hasn't seen the model yet, but he has informed me he would like it mounted on a small diorama base, so that's what I've done.

I added a bit of weathering and exhaust blacking, then modelled the tank out of the shallows and running up through the scrub on the beach.

The base is scrap polystyrene. The sand is just that - sand! The scrub is stuff from my garden.

The silicone sea is a sort of flat 'suhshoosh' rather than a big scudumph!, with the water filling the tank tracks in the sand. I didn't want to hide the crazy colours on the tracks, so I've kept the sand off them.

Here's the pictures.....

P1160755.JPG

P1160759.JPG

P1160764.JPG

P1160765.JPG

P1160752.JPG

Flattened silicone, then worked with a nail.
P1160756.JPG

.......not such a wacky pattern as it looked!
P1160757.JPG

For the Grandson's shelf - I hope! I don't use picture frame surrounds for this kind of subject. Preferring to leave it sort of 'rustic'.
P1160849.JPG

P1160853.JPG

P1160854.JPG

Cheers all, and thanks for looking.

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
'e's done it again! Another cracking little dio anyone would be proud of!

D

dubster72

Very good stuff there Ron, the tank looks just right in that setting. Your water effects are always worth looking at.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the most excellent comments, everyone. I'm glad you like the final version. I think I'll keep it for myself and tell the Grandson the dog's had it!

I've just realised. I've forgotten to answer Colin's question as to what combat theatre this pattern of camo. was used.

Sorry, Colin I don't know. Our fellow modeller Colin (col68) wrote earlier, it is based on the U.S. Mid European Disruptive pattern. I suppose it could have been used for any projected amphibious landing on N. Korean beaches. Can't add anymore than that, sorry.......Over to the members perhaps?

Thanks again for all the posts.

Ron

0ne48thtel

Ron mate that is another cracker love the camo scheme and the finishing off by putting it on a simple ish base.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Terry and W.R. for your great posts. I appreciate your input.

Ron

First Name
colin
Thanks for the most excellent comments, everyone. I'm glad you like the final version. I think I'll keep it for myself and tell the Grandson the dog's had it!

I've just realised. I've forgotten to answer Colin's question as to what combat theatre this pattern of camo. was used.

Sorry, Colin I don't know. Our fellow modeller Colin (col68) wrote earlier, it is based on the U.S. Mid European Disruptive pattern. I suppose it could have been used for any projected amphibious landing on N. Korean beaches. Can't add anymore than that, sorry.......Over to the members perhaps?

Thanks again for all the posts.

Ron

Ron in the 80's the Americans used 4 colours green,brown,black and off white (tamiya buff is a close match) to match the climate the vehicles were operating in so in western Europe the base coat would of been green with then broken up with the other colours
https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...&source=unknown&qsubts=1487946649041&devloc=0

HTH

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for posting the information Colin. I appreciate it.

Ron