Obvious silly things we do, or we do stupid things so you don't have to?

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
spilt my white paint then opened another one not realising then panicking and spilling the other one so 2 pots down and a nice covering of trousers and laminate,laminate got it as when i bent down i moved my socked feet and smudged it all in lol

I think this is something we have all probably done. I know I have so now if I am painting straight from the pot I stick the pot down with a big blob of blue tac. When I have finished I put the lid on and detatch from the blue tac.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'd forgotten this thread!

My stupid was a few days ago. When painting wheels I like to paint the tyres first then use some sort of circle template to do the hubs. Works a treat if you can get the right size template. It doesn't work if you glue together pairs of tyres - as I did with my STuG build!

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A long time ago I managed to glue the two halfs of the fuselage together and Left to harden off over night. The next day I was rather shocked to see the cock pit sitting on the desk right next to the fuselage!!!

I have done this as well.

i also left a canopy section in the spray booth by mistake and covered the inside with overspray.  Days of work sanding and then polishing up to a new clear finish again.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've got some of these clamps:

IMGP2091.JPGIMGP2092.JPG

Maybe not to everyone's taste but I find them easier to use than the Berna type friction clamps - which I never seem to have enough hands for.

Anyway, gluing some bits together earlier today using Tamiya Extra Thin ... you know what's coming next I'm sure! The glue capillated along an edge of one of the pieces, ran under the clamp and glued it to the piece!

I got it free and cleaned everything up with no problems, but next time I may not be so lucky!

S

steve5

I think this is something we have all probably done. I know I have so now if I am painting straight from the pot I stick the pot down with a big blob of blue tac. When I have finished I put the lid on and detatch from the blue tac.
that is a good idea , peej

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I did one a couple of days ago I needed a length of metal rod for the DB5 replacement hideous crank and camshaft all moulded from a single piece of plastic anyway found what I was looking for put in the vice and preceded to cut the said steel rod well no you see the rod was titanium so all it did was remove all the teeth from the hacksaw so I resorted to using the wire cutter portion of a pair of pliars which just about managed to put a nick in the rod so then resorted to vigarously bending the rod at the point until it snapped which it did without warning and as I was wearing shorts at the time and using my leg as a lever point you can guess what happend yep the metal snapping slashed accross my leg with a nice long scratch type cut to boot at least the rod was the correct length

Regards

Colin

A

Aurora

Dave mentioned that he knocked off microsol 2 times. i also did it twice. i belive this is a doom for microsol. you never knock off microset but you allways knock off microsol, eventhough they have exactly same bottle :S My solution is i pour microsol in to an old tamiya cement bottle...

First Name
Alex
I knocked over a whole tin of grey acrylic paint, not necessarily a disaster in itself as I have laminate flooring however, it also went all over my antique singer sewing machine! and that was a mission to clean up despite it being water soluble paint.

I have the top off of a can of body spray (fcuk I think) slightly larger in diameter than a microsol bottle.
This is superglued in the center of a 2" square piece of CD jewel case, and I just pop the bottle in the holder when I'm using microsol.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
So you've just finished the most perfect P 51 Mustang - perfect filling & sanding; excellent natural metal finish; subdued weathering, and all topped off with a nice coat of varnish

A couple of days later you notice that the Stars 'n' Bars are on top of the wrong wing...