Oh no another a Scifi post

T

tag

Just started a kitbash of Heli to make a Scifi vehicle if I do a space vehicle would it need weathering as in making it dirty and would you bother removing any rivet detail

Also I thought about a paint scheme would it need cammo but I imagine you would'nt see a lot in space with the lack of light and high speeds possable

Any thoughts lads

B

Bunkerbarge

I wouldn't have thought that there would be any riveted construction in space vehicles of the future, I am certain they would all be of a welded construction and camoflage would be unecessary but there is plenty of opportunity for some effecive weathering.

Just study some Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica stills to get some really good ideas.

Star Wars certainly broke the mould in that direction and taught us all how space vehicles may really look in the future as opposed to the Star Trek and Dr Who silver painted plywood we had had up until then.

B

Bluewavestudios

Nothing wrong with Sci-Fi models at all, the good thing with these is the only limit is your imagination...you have poetic licence on a lot of these models and they can still turn out looking very nice, provoking the imagination of others too...surely that is what sci-fi is all about....and at the end of the day, it is still modelling and a lot of fun.

Look at all the Sci-Fi models we have had over the years from various TV series & Films, none scale, but all valid & recognisable famous models in their own right and that is why they are welcome.

They may be fictitious models but the thought and imagination is there to make them believable to a degree.

I won't rattle off a list of films as there are too many, but they are all valid subjects as far as modelling goes.

Regards........Mark.