Download from Apple App Store Download from Google Play

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p38 lightning turbocharger pics ?

Discussion in 'General Aircraft Chat' started by Tom Morfy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Tom Morfy

Tom Morfy Scale Model Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    I am building a 1/48th scale P38 Lightning. I want to detail the turbos but have no real good photos that I could use as a guidline. I know that the exhaust pipes and turbochargers would be quite distressed from the heat they encounter but I really would like to find a good reference to use. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Tom

2. N4521U

N4521U Guest

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Give a try, "google imagages". Then the images you would like to call up. You will be surprised what you can call up. Try P-38 supercharger, you may come up with that picture you want. I have even come across a corsair walkaround! good luck. Cheers, Bill

3. mdl2990

mdl2990 Guest

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    P-38 sUPERCHARGERS

tom, first question what model of P-38 are you building. The best pics you could find is the 2 detail and scale books on the P- 38. The first vol. runs from the XP-38 to the P-38, Vol II P-38J -P38M. Both are great books
    Harold.

4. stona

stona Scale Model Member

Everything I build
    Ratings Received:
    +789 / 3
    First Name:
    Steve
    Have a look at these (restored) aircraft.

[​IMG]

And

[​IMG]

This is a turbosupercharger system driven by exhaust gas so it would be hot. Note how far down the boom the staining goes on the NMF aircraft.
    Cheers
    Steve